Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my father inlaw is shopping for winter tires. Dealer says he will need 4 tire sensors, along with new wheel nuts , . Says apart from the light being on in the dash,,, computer will always try to get a signal,, and something will force on highway ??? First time I hear of :huh: that . Is this true with the 07 odyssey ? Or can he just get 4 regular valves and live with the light being on for 3-4 months ? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
This issue has been discussed before. Read the link below.

Option A:
- Install without TPMS sensors, you save $45/each TPMS sensor or $180 savings for 4.
- Problem: light will be in the dash (use a black electrical tape to cover it).
- VSA cannot be turned off. I have never needed to turn off my VSA.

Option B:
- Install the TPMS sensors. The problem is:
- You need to go to dealer to reset the lights every time you swap the tires as the computer can only memorize 4 TPMS IDs.
- This is what I did 4 years ago (install with TPMS), but looking back I regret because I never went to the dealer to reset the light (which costs about $80/each visit). So I basically wasted $180 on the TPMS.
- Another way is to own your own TPMS computer, but it is not cheap.

http://www.odyclub.com/forums/52-20...omputer-can-memorize-only-4-tpms-sensors.html

·
Super Moderator
13,837 Posts
Hey turbo. We have a dedicated wheels/tires forum for this. For future reference, please post in correct forums to prevent your threads from getting locked.

As to what's VSA, it stands for Vehicle Stability Assist. Please do use the search to locate already existing information on your question(s). There is a ton of information on here already and some of it is beyond beat to death.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info,,, I've been reading on previous posts from different members all night . This is a main concern to all,when it comes time to switch over to winter tires. Is there a way (fuse ?) and has anyone disconnected the VSA during the winter period? I know that there are alot out there that have the regular valves on during the winter ,any negative experience ? Thanks for any help or info .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts