Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello guys and Girls.
I have a 2007 Honda Odyssey touring that was acted wired today,
91000 miles on the van and the van is in very good condition.
The problem starts after me trying to go up the hill, the was hard on going but end up went up the hill, after driving it for a min I start hearing engine going load, I had to pull over for a min then I realized that the van won’t reverse at all, we had to push it back to get it to drive position.
The problem is when you put the car on Neutral, it drives forward, but when you put on Reverse it just make a load noise, then if you put on Drive it’s kind of hard to move the car, what I been doing is just start with Neutral get it to 5 or 6k r/min release the gas then shift to Drive and it drives normal.
I attached a picture of the codes from check engine light.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
You spelled reverse wrong not to be rude . Just fyi also sounds like your trans took a shit. Go to transmission shop .

·
Registered
2007 Odyssey EX-L
1,197 Posts
Yeah, sounds like your transmission might need to be replaced. Take it to a mechanic and see what they say. What is the condition of the transmission fluid and has it ever been changed before?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, sounds like your transmission might need to be replaced. Take it to a mechanic and see what they say. What is the condition of the transmission fluid and has it ever been changed before?
The transmission fluid looks more black color, I don’t it has been change.
a mechanic told me it’s a Solenoid that need to be changed, I’m getting a second opinion today. The car drives fine on the highway but it drives wired on the back way.

·
Registered
169 Posts
a mechanic told me it’s a Solenoid that need to be changed, I’m getting a second opinion today. The car drives fine on the highway but it drives wired on the back way.
Have them change the fluid, it's way overdue. P0756 sounds like the problem, that's the solenoid the mechanic is talking about. Not sure about P0706, a fluid change might help that, might not.

·
Registered
2007 Odyssey EX-L
1,197 Posts
Definitely change the fluid. It may be too late, though, transmission could be damaged...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have them change the fluid, it's way overdue. P0756 sounds like the problem, that's the solenoid the mechanic is talking about. Not sure about P0706, a fluid change might help that, might not.
Yes that was what we are thinking, fluid, could and solenoid, and he also said maybe safety neutral( I’m not sure about this one).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts