Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
searched the forum but only found posts older than 06 on topic...

I verified the L & R bulb filaments are both good. Running lights work, 3rd brake light on liftgate also works.

I verified the fuse which is actually a horn/stop fuse is also good.

In the older forum threads, I wonder if the brake sensor switch on the brake pedal arm is faulty? Does anyone have the pinouts for testing that switch as it looks like there are four leads for something so simple. Some users were eluding to a sensor in the left rear panel by the left brakelight itself. I was confused as to what they could be talking about in terms of a sensor and why it would be there. Any ideas greatly appreciated.

thanks.

·
Registered
35 Posts
If your third brake light works, I doubt its your brake switch. I had this problem when I first bought my Ody used, its an 06. I thought it was the switch too. I also checked the filaments to see if they were good or what not, they looked good, and in working condition. So I tried to check ALL fuses and such. But still no luck.

So, I went to my local parts store to buy some cleaning matireals, and decided why not buy a pair of new bulbs, 7443, and see what comes of it. Its only a few bucks...

AND Viola!! BAM!! Its back to working!!!

So, the filaments looked like they were intact, but I guess its hard to really tell.

Try to buy a new pair of bulbs, its only a 6-10 fix, or atleast a try-fix....

GL to U

1 - 2 of 2 Posts