Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 oddy that will not turn over sometimes.
This is like once a week it does this. The electrical all comes on fine, I can even shine the high beams and they don't look dim.

I had honda replace the starter for free since it's under the warranty.
I live 60 miles away though from the dealer and would like some opinions of what this might be?

It makes like an electrical click sound when I turn the key. But no engine start. I do this for about 2 mins then BAM the engine starts. It will start everytime. I just have to wait a couple mine.

·
Registered
8,872 Posts
Start by removing and cleaning the battery terminals, both the post and the clamp. Dirt and corrosion there can create resistance in the starting circuit that prevents the starting motor from getting enough power to turn over the engine.

Then have the battery load-tested. Any number of problems could make it unable to produce the amount of power the starting motor needs. How old is the battery?

·
Registered
128 Posts
If this is the original battery, then it is most likely the battery. My 2005 did this 3 years into the life of the battery. Take it to Autozone, they will test the battery for free.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
1+,

Likely battery.

My 2007 Ody LX battery failed at 37m/34K miles marking!

·
Registered
76 Posts
I've seen similar effects on a different vehicle when the Neutral Safety switch wasn't working right... I'd guess the Odyssey has one somewhere in it's environment.

(just a thought)

Just for giggles, next time it does it, try moving the shifter around, then return to park and see if it starts afterwards...

(it's worth a try...)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts