Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello:
This is my first posting. I will highly appreciate if someone can give me some advice / help regarding a problem we are having with our 2007 Honda Odyssey EX-L with DVD Player (2) behind the head rest of driver and passenger seat.

The DVD players can play two different DVDs at the same time BUT they can be audible ONLY with the accompanying headsets (NOT through the speakers). I can't get one of the DVDs to play the sound through the speakers. I followed all the instructions that is in the manual, but no luck so far.

We bought the van as second hand from a dealer out of town and the local Honda dealer are not helpful at all. We have three children with two different age groups. If we could get one DVD player to play through the Speaker system the other two kids could use the head sets to watch Dora (!!) together. One guy said the BOX that handles the DVD system may have a switch that may need to be turned on or off.

Any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually I forgot to mention that this is the original DVD Player (2) that came with the Van, not a after market product. Thanks again.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Actually I forgot to mention that this is the original DVD Player (2) that came with the Van, not a after market product. Thanks again.
It is aftermarket. It might have been installed by the original dealer but it isn't one that came with the van from the factory. The factory installed unit is a single 9" screen that hangs from the center of the ceiling. The DVD unit is in the dash and there are accessory inputs and a 115V power plug in the back by the 3rd row seat.

·
Super Moderator
13,872 Posts
UmmGood is right. Honda never shipped any Oddy with a headrest mounted DVD player. However, the 115 volt plug only comes in Tourings for the 2007. I have a 2007 Factory RES NAV and know it doesn't have that 115 volt plug I so need.

Also, this belongs in the Audio/Video forum hence moved.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have to say that you may be right about the after market DVD installed by the dealer when they sold it to the original owner. We are the second owner.

The brand is I believe INVISION (found it on the monitor screen when I turned it on). On the owner's manual it says REV2 / 2G/3 Headrest Video Monitor with Built-in DVD (Models - 0701-AX, BX, AG, AM). The two units looks the same as the ones I have seen in the local Honda dealer showroom today.

Having said that, is there any solution to the problem I am facing to play them through the Speakers you think? Thanks a lot again for your time and advice.

·
Super Moderator
13,872 Posts
I doubt that there is a solution. Perhaps they never wired the system to go to the Oddy's speakers. If you put your oddy stereo on AUX and try the options to send the audio to the car speakers and it doesn't work, then you might have to hunt down the wires to see if the system was even wired to the factory audio system. If it was never wired, you would need to get it wired using the Aux port. A few posts on here on adding the Aux functionality might help you if you need it wired.

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
I doubt that there is a solution. Perhaps they never wired the system to go to the Oddy's speakers. If you put your oddy stereo on AUX and try the options to send the audio to the car speakers and it doesn't work, then you might have to hunt down the wires to see if the system was even wired to the factory audio system. If it was never wired, you would need to get it wired using the Aux port. A few posts on here on adding the Aux functionality might help you if you need it wired.
I agree. Most of these types of systems I've seen were not integrated into the factory audio system. I'm sure it can be done, but it would probably involve some extensive (and expensive) hacking into the audio wiring harness. You might also want to search for ipod (or MP3) adapters....I've seen some of those that have aux type inputs. Another option would be to replace your head unit with out that has the aux input....assuming your DVD player has the appropriate output.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts