Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody!, I'm new in this forum I looked most of the latest posts and I couldn't find one that helps me however my problem is that wen it rains or gets too cold and foggy over night my sliding doors, remote control, A/C, turn signal lights, high beams do not work and wen it gets warmer later on the day everything works all of the sudden I saw a video on you tube and said to unclog the sun roof drain I did but still does the same thing can someone help me please I appreciate it,

·
Registered
855 Posts
Is the carpet damp in the footwell by either or both side panels? You could have water infiltrating from the roof seam under the black trim. Lots of posts about cleaning and resealing the seam.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Check out post #17 in this thread for a TSB on water intrusion near the drivers side rear door affect the drivers rear MICU. An MICU getting wet can manifest itself in many ways and misc electrical issues are a common symptom. I found practically no evidence of an issue when I opened mine up other than one lightly rusted nut, but after I completed the prescribed fix my issues stopped and have not returned. There are 3 more MICU's. One each side up front in the outer kick panel and one opposite the drivers side one mentioned in the TSB at the passenger rear.

·
Registered
285 Posts
If anyone is familiar with older jeep grand cherokees, they had issues with compromised wire harnesses in dozens of places on the vehicle causing 12v shorting to 5v computer bus wires, and endless different systems failure profiles.
Owners called it the jeep grand cherokee electrical gremlin. No two owners describe the same symptoms.

I have a vaguely similar issue to the one in this thread that began on a very rainy day. Yet i found nothing wet and it didnt stop after months of dry weather.
Its in remission after i pulled the interior light fuse from drivers kick panel umm... panel.
Lets see... the alarm went off, couldnt be disarmed, while i was in the van. With keys out, the instrument cluster lit, the fuel gauge activated, various idiot lights lit, and the van wouldnt start. But it made a weird clicking noise under the hood, probably starter solonoid. After 5 hours the battery died.

When i charged and reconnected it, the van started but the gauges were still funky. Then I turned the key off and removed the key.

The van kept running till i pulled the fuel pump fuse.

It will still do all that if i reinsert the interior light fuse.
I dont need the lights that bad.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Omg. So now both times my van battery went dead have been rainy days and makes clicking under hood which I thought was a horn click from my alarm . ,I am going to try to pull that interior light fuse thanks for your story

1 - 6 of 6 Posts