Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of temp change should I see with the a/c unit in this van. I have read google post that says a car should see at least a 30 deg drop from outside temperature. Wifes van seems a little hot on low temp setting. Van under warranty but want to have an idea before I call them to set up appointment.

Thanks in advance, Bryan

·
Registered
513 Posts
Not sure how many degrees we get but we set it to 23C/73F and, on hot days (30-35C, 86-95F), while it never really stops, it gets close. It probably gets us about 10C/20F degrees.

Do you run the back AC when you are testing it?

Nicolas

·
Registered
252 Posts
Here in Chicago, it has been a scorching summer with many 90*+ days. My wife has all three synced to 70* (driver/pass/rear) and I never have any cooling issues, even in traffic. When it is 90*+ the fan is blowing but nothing near the 'Hi" setting and you can't notice it unless it's blowing in your face. I feel the Ody is best "Auto" climate control I have used for keeping this even. My SAAB drives my nuts, even with Auto I am changing the temps or air flow on hot days. Never touch the Ody fan speed or airflow. It's been on 'Auto' for two years.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts