Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am new to this forum. I purchased the front strut assemblies (right and left) at Autozone. It turns out that the new strut assemblies were about 1 3/4" shorter than the originals. I called them and they said those were the correct ones. I returned them. Buying them at the dealership is very expensive and I am trying to save some $$$. Do you have any recommendations ? thanks for your help !!!

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Good idea to return Auto Zone parts. Check out your aftermarket options on Rock Auto.
You can buy genuine Honda parts at a significant discount at online places such as Bernardi Parts or Majestic Honda.
Others will chime in here with their recommendations.

Reactions: 72triple

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
FWIW, I almost always buy genuine Honda parts, but for strut/spring assemblies you might be fine with aftermarket parts.

·
Registered
2007 Odyssey EX-L
1,951 Posts
Mine are original, and I won't change them until I absolutely have to, but if I did, I would use KYB from RockAuto.

My mechanic changed the struts on my Camry with Monroe. He chose the parts, not me, but the Monroes seem OK.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I bought the KYB Ready Struts and rear shocks from Rock Auto - They also have the Gabriel and Monroe Ready Struts. Had an issue in which the KYB's were over torqued causing the spring to become bent. I replaced those springs with the OEM's I had which were still good - utilized all of the new housings and mounts fit fine. Riding great no issues or squeaks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.