Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I was curious what some good tire suggestions would be for a 2007 Honda Odyssey EX-L?

Currently I have Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max.

Thanks!

·
Registered
631 Posts
Im running Cooper 235/65/16 CS5 Grand Touring. So far so good since Jul. 2017 - no too much noise - ride is pretty smooth. YMMV

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Please do a forum search as there are many (100's?) of tire threads here and of course every member has their own opinion. Having been in the tire business I advocate a conversation with one or more tire experts at a local store telling them your key features. Obviously you wouldn't pick the same tire in Phoenix as you would Chicago due to the climate difference, but other things to consider is the type of ride you prefer, how sensitive you are to tire noise, etc.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Mine is 2006 EX-L. On it I have Michelin Defender T+H all season, 80K mile warranty.

·
Registered
241 Posts
When I Depaxed 1 1/2 years ago I went with General Altimax RT43 tires as they were the top rated all season tire by Consumer Reports and were pretty inexpensive at $99 per tire for 235/65 R16 size I purchased. I have over 17K miles on them and I'm going through my second winter with them near Chicago, and so far I'm very happy with them and how they perform.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Walmart has a tire called Solar 4xs. I bought a pair for just $60 each based on glowing reviews.
I would consider it a high performance not long life tire. They stick like glue on corners and you cannot make them squeel no matter how hard you push them. Unfortunately the price crept up to 75 on the next pair now 85 each so prolly not so special of a deal. Still a good tire.
I was not impressed by either the michelins or contis that were on the van when i got it. The rubber was coming off in chunks at the end. Terrible.

·
Registered
2007 Odyssey EX-L
135 Posts
My newly purchased used van came with Bridgestone Ecopias. They're ok... I have them on my Camry as well and don't really like them that much. Poor wet/snow traction. Will probably get something else next time.

Michelin Defender would be my choice but they are pricey. Cooper Evolution Tour, Cooper CS5 Grand Touring, General Altimax RT43, etc. are all decent options. There's a few more that have good reviews on TireRack as well but I don't remember them off the top of my head. I think the General Altimax is a very good value tire, I may end up using them next time I replace.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Another vote here for General Altimax RT43. Not on my Odyssey but currently on my Mazda. Should the Odyssey last a couple more years, it will receive Generals this time around.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sounds like I'll be purchasing some General Altimax tires due to positive responses. Thanks!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Whatever you buy do not buy Toyo Versado tires. I had two sets of them (the second under a tire shop replacement warranty so I had no choice) all 8 tires eventually had ply separations and they were manufactured YEARS apart from each other. Will never buy Toyo again, nothing but crap

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am already with 4th set at 134Kmi. No heavy loading, just driving around and work.
I had these.
  • continental control contact tour a/s: very low mileage, almost worn out after 40K/80K, needed to fix the flat tires multiple times.
  • goodyear comfortred touring A/S. it's ok not that great.
Just installed a few months ago.
- Michelin total defend: 6Kmil so far.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Kenny, my 1969 Datsun/Nissan 510 came with Toyo tires, and the treads blew off on a very hot summer day in 1970, driving at 85mph.

I guess things don't change.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have General Altimax RT43s on my 2007 EX, Chicago. They've been fine. Did not have good experience with Michelin Defenders, they wore out much sooner than 80k, even though we rotated them.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Costco Michelin Defenders. They go on sale every three months or so.

·
Registered
2007 Odyssey EX-L
135 Posts
I'm always surprised how people are able to get 80K out of a set of tires. I guess if you drive a lot of highway miles that could be the case. It did take me 16 years to drive 80K on my Camry so there's no way I'd ever be able to get 80K out of a set of tires.

·
Registered
2006 EXL-RES, Teal/Beige, VCMII Tuner, Airlift rear suspension, and Weathertek floor mats.
95 Posts
Continental "Control Contact Tour A/S" run well. We get about 55K out of a set for a reasonable price. They are rated at 80K miles if I remember right. They are only available at Discount Tire. The price is pretty good compared to Michelin even though I think Michelin's are an excellent tire and would be my first choice except the price difference is big enough that the Continentals win out for me. They also have a prorated warranty on them which I used and ended up getting a new set for about $450.00 after rebates and warranty.

*Actual tire mileage was 61,961 miles when they were replaced.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I would count myself lucky to get 40k out of any set of tires, but then I tend to corner faster than most people. aZ
That is why for me the Sienna vs. Odyssey decision was a no brainer.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Keep in mind, for many tire warranties, the tread must wear down evenly down to 2/32" for you to file a claim. In many areas, you can't reasonably expect to be driving down to 2/32".

1 - 20 of 22 Posts