1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
613 Posts
You can get those for a lot less than that.

seen 'em on ebay for $99 each. I just sold a set used with good tires for under 400.

this is a good deal if you like the look. 17 is a good size.

5x120 pattern
7.5" width
honda offset

Ridgeline wheels on Ebay

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Depaxing my Odyssey

Well, I'm 1 step away from completing the Depaxing of my 2007 Odyssey Touring. Purchased a set of Honda OEM 16" rims from College Hill Honda and will be arriving at my door in about two weeks as they're currently on backorder. It is kit #3 from College Hill's Website, and opted, for now, not to buy the spare tire kit (that will come eventually). I did purchase the Sensor Kit since I will be using one of the PAX wheel temporarily as a spare tire.

Now to start shopping for a good set of tires that will last me hopefully more than 25K miles that I am currently getting with Michelin PAX :)

Since I've made a pledge not to buy either a Honda or Michelin, I am keeping that promise and will most likely go with Yokohama or Bridgestone's.

I will post up some nice photos once all the wheels have been swapped out. Although my budget will be somewhat tight for next few months, knowing that I am getting this done will make me sleep better at night.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, I just ordered the Odyssey EX factory rims from College Hill, it was around $180 each new. I also ordered new sensors to go with the rims. Paul at College Hill was very nice in explaining how all this work. Once I get the wheels, I will order the Yokohama AVS S-Touring tires from Tirerack and the dePAXing will be complete... I am so excited! :)
Dirkdaddy said:
You can get those for a lot less than that.

seen 'em on ebay for $99 each. I just sold a set used with good tires for under 400.

this is a good deal if you like the look. 17 is a good size.

5x120 pattern
7.5" width
honda offset

Ridgeline wheels on Ebay

·
Super Moderator
13,843 Posts
With the already existing 5,456,664 threads on DePax, lets stick to one thread for your your dePax. So, I merged your other thread that you posted in the 95 forum with this thread.

Good luck with your dePax.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thank you. I just cancelled the order with College Hill as I started seeing prices lower for EX rims on the Internet. But now they're starting to annoy me because as soon as I mention the work dePAX, they're telling me that they can't sell it to me. Lowest prices on OEM 5spoke EX wheels is around $162 plus shipping. Could anyone suggest a website where I can get the correct wheels plus the TPMS sensors?

EDIT: I spoke too soon. I went to Mystic and saw the lower price and my jaw dropped... that is until I heard what they charged for the shipping. They told me because it was "oversized" they have to charge more... a lot more... over $100 for shipping.

I then called College Hill again and they shaved another $20 off; now $930 shipped. I'm a happy camper...

·
Registered
755 Posts
hmm... i was about to say yes but the part where it says

it fits cr-vs confused me. cr-v has 5 x 114.3 and ody has

5 x 120. so when you clarify that out, that those are 5x120,

youre good to go. dang those are some good prices..

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks, actually, this morning, I replaced the rear two PAX with PAX again, just didn't have the money to buy the rims and tires that I want, too much right now. Open Road Honda gave me a super deal to replace the two rear ones for $600 tax included, and a complementary oil change. So I'm good hopefully at least another 2 years so I will save up to get me some good setup. I did see the 2011 Odyssey and noticed that they come with 17" rims with 245/65/17 tires. I really like that rim style and wish they would fit my Odyssey so I can get those. Just not crazy for any of the Acura rims however similar they may be.
richysh said:
hmm... i was about to say yes but the part where it says

it fits cr-vs confused me. cr-v has 5 x 114.3 and ody has

5 x 120. so when you clarify that out, that those are 5x120,

youre good to go. dang those are some good prices..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Isnt this as simple as asking for:
Bolt Pattern
Width
Diameter
Offset
Backspace

Whats the above for the PAX rim?

Then go shopping?

·
Registered
755 Posts
dieseldriver said:
Thanks, actually, this morning, I replaced the rear two PAX with PAX again, just didn't have the money to buy the rims and tires that I want, too much right now. Open Road Honda gave me a super deal to replace the two rear ones for $600 tax included, and a complementary oil change. So I'm good hopefully at least another 2 years so I will save up to get me some good setup. I did see the 2011 Odyssey and noticed that they come with 17" rims with 245/65/17 tires. I really like that rim style and wish they would fit my Odyssey so I can get those. Just not crazy for any of the Acura rims however similar they may be.
The rims itself does. Just not the tires. It will throw your speedo off a bit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
(google map)
I'm selling a set 4 acura rl a spec wheels from my wife 2006 honda odyssey. We had the wheels on the odyssey for about 5 years and recently upgraded new wheels. Aspec wheel are in good condition no bents or cracks, except for a few curb rashes and paint peeling from the center caps. SOLD AS IS

Spec: RL aspec wheel
Size: 18x8
Offset: +55
Lug pattern: 5x120
Color: custom powder coated black chrome.
Will these work fine for 2007 Touring and if so. What's good tire size?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts