Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2007 Odyssey Touring that we purchased new.

My experience with the overall vehicle has been very disappointing and I was wondering if this group had any insight.

I have had to replace the torque converter, had multiple transmission SW updates for shifting issues, replaced the power steering pump, recall for brake master cylinder, had to have the vehicle repainted (it's dark blue metallic) due to "improper" paint formulation, DVD failure in the entertainment system, leather seat covers not fitting/attaching correctly, brake pedal sensor failure (this makes it so you can't get the vehicle in DRIVE), and I am currently waiting as my dealer replaces the coil and clutch for the A/C system. All of this is in the first 4 years of ownership and 80,000 miles.

My question to the group is: Is this indicative of the model or do I simply have a bad car? My expectation for the Odyssey and especially the Touring version was much higher thatn what I have experienced. When the car works it's great, no arguement. The problem is that I have spent more time at the shop with this vehicle than with my previous 4.....

I am not likely to purchase another Honda Automotive product moving forward based on this experience. I am an exception?????

·
Registered
17 Posts
Do not feel like the lone ranger. We have not experienced quite the level of drama with our second generation Odyssey has you have with yours, but it has been the most expensive vehicle to maintain to this point (106k miles) that we have ever owned. The only other Honda we have ever owned was a 1976 Civic that had to have its engine replaced due to throwing a connecting rod through the side of the block at 77k miles......

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I'm with you. I'm never going to buy another Honda again. Especially for the premium you pay for a Honda, I expected it to be a lot better quality. The problems I have had are:

1. rear engine mount failure
2. A pipe in exhaust system replaced
3. shadows in the paint making it look like I'm parked beside a tree
4. rear passenger brake dragging, still not fixed after 4 times at the dealer
5. vibration in the steering wheel, still not fixed
6. tons of rattles everywhere
7. power steering pump failure
8. master cylinder seal replaced
9. both rear shocks leaking and replaced
10. rattles and squeaks in the passenger door glass, still not fixed
11. water in all 4 pieces of the taillights, replaced all, now have water again
12 moisture in both headlights, took it in, the dealer said this is normal, wtf???

Ours is a 2006 EXL-RES with 47000 kms on it only (29375 miles)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts