Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just put a deposit on a black on black 07 Touring, it has 88,000kms overall it is in great condition (no accidents) the interior was a bit dirty since it was a recent trade in and had not been cleaned yet (previous owners had young kids), Im sure it will look like new after the dealer cleans it. We talked the dealer down to $24,000 plus tax., they were asking $25,999.

I need advice on the Honda plus warranty, the powertrain will be covered under CPO vehicle warranty for 6yr/120,000kms but the dealer wants to sell me the Honda Plus extended warranty for $1539 ($2018 - $479 discount) which will give me full comprehensive for 7yr/130,000kms should I get the extra coverage or just save the cash for when I need to repair something? As a note, I am not afraid to do the majority of repairs myself, I have done quite a few timing belts, head gaskets, brake jobs and suspension repairs on my own cars in the past but from what I have read these Odyssey's seem to have transmission issues and I would not want to have to swap one of those myself....

Of course the salesman told me that the transmission problems were only on earlier model years and that he has not heard of any failures with 2007 and up Odyssey's but from what I have read there still seems to be issues with these.
Is there a certain mileage where the transmission problems start or is it a random thing?

When we test drove it I payed attention to the transmission the whole time and I did not notice anything strange, it shifted up and down very smoothly.
The only reason I would consider the extra warranty is because of the possibility that the transmission may fail but I wonder if I am just worrying too much? I am picking it up at the end of this week and I need to decide on the warranty before then.
I would love some advice from you fellow Ody owners.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Well, when the VCM motor mounts are $500+ each and you need 2 of them... it almost pays for that warranty right there. Not to mention the torque converter is supposed to be some bucks, and it is a common issue as well. Must consider $ over peace of mind. I purchased a preowned 06' with a transferrable extended warranty to cover these concerns so I didn't have to nickle and dime the van ownership over the next couple years.

I would consider the warranty, but negotiate that price as low as you can.

Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts