Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The trunk light on my 2007 Honda Odyssey needs to be changed out as its appears to be burned out. Its located right there on the center roof line after you open the tail gate. However, I don't see any screws to take the housing apart in order to get to the bulb. Any online tutorial showing how to change it?

·
Registered
6,077 Posts
Most Odyssey cabin light lenses require the plastic cover to be pried GENTLY with a small screwdriver to access the bulb underneath. The trick is to locate where on the lense the tabs to release are.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, i thought this might be the case. I wasn't sure and didn't want to break it before finding out if it simply needs to be pryed off or there was another way. I'll have to look for the release tabs. I guess I could always take it to the dealer, but my closest one isn't too convenient right now. We'll see.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Instructions in the owners manual. Attached is a picture of the page.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,077 Posts
Instructions in the owners manual. Attached is a picture of the page.
I think the OP was referring to the rear hatch area dome light on the ceiling?

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Most Odyssey cabin light lenses require the plastic cover to be pried GENTLY with a small screwdriver to access the bulb underneath. The trick is to locate where on the lense the tabs to release are.
+1

I used smallest size flat screwdriver. Gently pry one of the long sides. The cover will flex a bit and then you bring it down.

·
Registered
194 Posts
As NewDadNewVan said, you just get a small flat head screwdriver and stick it into one edge of the lens cover and slowly pry it out. It's not hard and the lens won't break that easy unless you do something silly. When you are done replacing the bulb, just push that lens back in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts