Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I'm in the market for a used Odyssey EX. I'm going back and forth between an 07 and 08 model. I went through the transmission issues with my 2002 model like most others.

In your opinion, which should I buy? The 07 or the 08 model? Is there really a significant difference other than one is a year older?

Does one year model seem to have more transmission issues than the other? I'd really like to aviod another transmission problem if possible. That may involve just staying away from the Odyssey but we really like the van.

Any advice you guys can give me is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Aside from aesthetics, there really isn't too much notable between the 07 and 08 EX's, but if you meant to write EX-L, then the differences are more noticeable. There have however been numerous claims, and personal observation, that there was a drop in the quality of materials from 07 to 08.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wasn't considering the EX-L. Wife doesn't like leather. I didn't know if it'd be worth by-passing one to get the other. I haven't kept up much with the transmission issues since mine was replaced in my 02. That's my biggest concern. Sounds like that issue is just a luck of the draw.

·
Registered
632 Posts
2008 have the 3rd Gen facelift means a different grille and tail lights than the 2007.

·
Registered
786 Posts
One thing you should think about is that there were a lot more EXL's sold, so they will be easier to find, but that could also work to your advantage I suppose in that the EX's might be less desirable on the used car market as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts