Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my power liftgate and passenger side front door stopped working suddenly.
The doors are locked and will not open.
Everything else , the windows, all other doors etc are working fine. There are no lights on the dash.
Tough it seems like an electrical issue as both went out suddenly.
I cannot hear the actuator sound from the tailgate when i open and close.
Has anyone else seem this ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, how can i remove the front passenger door panel from inside without the door open?

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
The manual unlock knob won't work on the front door?
Your owners manual shows how to manually unlock the tailgate.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks a lot for posting this.
I had tried this out but wasnt working. I then somehow managed to pry open the front passenger door after a lot of banging and unlocking from the remote. And viola, the tailgate also started working, So it seems like the auto tailgate and the passenger side actuator are somehow connected.
I think moved on to remove the passenger actuator after watching a few videos here. However the last 3 screws turned out to be more that I could take. Took the 2 out but the third one would not budge, ended up drilling into it, but the drill bit broke also IN the screw.
Now i am out of options.

·
Registered
2006 Honda Odyssey (EX)
573 Posts
This seems less likely but considering you were having two electrical issues, worth checking I think.

Have you seen any water intrusion into the vehicle? Could be causing these issues.

·
Registered
12,937 Posts
The power liftgates do not have any kind of locking mechanism inside the gate. Since they are electronic there is no lock actuator. If the doors are locked then the signal is not sent from the handle or buttons to open the gate and that is how it's locked. My guess is your only problem is in the passenger door. I'd focus on finding the issue there and likely the tailgate issue will resolve itself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts