Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

My wife and I have three small kids and have been shopping for a used Odysseys for the last 4-6months. I am pretty up-to-date on the differnces between the 2005-2010 models and years and think I have a good grasp on the major items everyone either complains about or loves. We have narrowed to an EX-L or Touring (preferred) for all of the bells and whistles.

On to the point:
I have located a 2007 Touring (6.5 hours from me, but near my parents). It has 88,000 miles, a grocery list of all of the service records, one owner, non-smoker, interior is immaculate and everything seems to work fine (I am indifferent about the PAX tires, about 1/3 tread right now).

The bad:
The driver side sliding door was back into a couple years ago and has been repainted (is yellowing a bit.....) and there are several small places were the paint is chipped from a recent storm.

They are very willing to deal on the price and seem on the up and up. They provided the VIN and the dealer name where they get it serviced (I have not spent the money on a car fax yet).

Do you guys have any thoughts on price or other things that should be looked at WRT checking for other previous damage etc....?

Thanks for your help
Seth

·
Registered
524 Posts
(I am indifferent about the PAX tires, about 1/3 tread right now).
You may not be indifferent about pax when you find out the cost. About $1300 or more for four and most shops cannot install, balance or align the wheels. And for that princely sum you have exactly no choice what tire to get. Or you can spend the same or more to de pax and try figure out what parts to install to satisfy the TPMS system. Maybe use Pax as a bad point to get the price lower.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts