Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a used 2007 odyssey. I hear whistling noise at speeds of 45 + and if I turn ON the fresh air intake, the whistling noise goes up in decibel.

Any idea what the issue maybe.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
you can do a search for whistling, but the cause is most likely the passenger side windshield molding and the lifting of the cowel (plastic part covering the lower portion of the windshield)

·
Registered
318 Posts
I am experiencing that as well, I even pointed it to my dealer but they couldn't reproduce it on the second time. Ironically enough, when I first reported it, their analysis was due to the gutter guard that I installed to protect my condenser LOL!

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
roadcarver said:
their analysis was due to the gutter guard that I installed to protect my condenser LOL!
Thats because it was not factory and they can take the easy way out of the problem...

Make sure you tap the molding along the length to make sure it is clipped in.

I had no problems with the whistling until I had to have my windshield replaced. First time driving at 70 and on a windy day, it was loud. Makes more noise if there was a cross wind. I pulled over and apparently the installer did not press the molding all the way down. Once down it was much better. Still some but bearable. I also noticed that the cowling was broken around the wiper on the passenger side. I ended up using the 3M windshield adhesive and put it between the glass and the cowling and now no more noise.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts