Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 Odyssey EX-L

I purchased the vehicle Certified used with about 25,000 miles on it.
As I was detailing it soon after purchase, I noticed the sidewall of the driver's seat was had numerous fissures/cracks in the leather.
When I brought it to the dealer for an oil change, I notified the service advisor and he agreed the cracking in the leather was excessive.
So, the delaer replaced the entire driver's leather seat cover under warranty.

A couple months later, I noticed the same thing hapening with the replacement.
Back into the dealer, the service advisor saw the cracking, and agreed, once again to replace the entire leather seat cover.

Just a few months later, I noticed it happening again!!!

I'm at a loss.
I checked the passenger seat sidewall. There is some cracking, not nearly as much as the driver seat, and it is really only noticeable when you compress the sides of the seat.

Anyone seen this issue before?

thanks.
mm

·
Registered
103 Posts
Had my driver seat leather replaced due to this also. It has been about a year and so far so good.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone
Scott

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Had my driver seat leather replaced due to this also. It has been about a year and so far so good.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone
Scott
That's the thing....I'm on my third seat cover.....frustrating.....

·
Registered
570 Posts
I'll slide this question in this thread for those that are out of warranty. Can the left and right seat cushin cover be switched? The entire seat can't be moved because the the power-seat switches (and I'm sure other things too). This is just on the cushin cover.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I had the same problem. They replaced it under warranty. Been fine for about 2 years.

Maybe your dealer has a bad batch of seat covers? At least they keep replacing.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had my whole seat replaced a few years ago, the leather wore down to the cushion. My leather is cracked now but nothing out of the normal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts