Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some questions about the 2008 EX-L:

• Does it have power tailgate?
  • Does it have 2nd or 3rd row sun shade?
  • Can we put child seat in the 2nd row center seat?
Touring:
  • Was HID ever an option?
  • Whats the upgrade from EX-L?
Do these come standard on either one:
  • foglight
  • seat memory
  • reserve linked rear view mirror
  • 115V outlet & vid input for RES

·
Registered
287 Posts
See comments about the 2008 EX-L next to your questions.
Others can answer about the touring.

I have some questions about the 2008 EX-L:

• Does it have power tailgate? Ans: NO.
  • Does it have 2nd or 3rd row sun shade? Ans: Only 2nd row.
  • Can we put child seat in the 2nd row center seat? Ans: Center seat is narrow so the car seat will encroach a bit on the 2 outer seats.
Touring:
  • Was HID ever an option?
  • Whats the upgrade from EX-L?
Do these come standard on either one:
  • foglight. Ans: EX-L doesn't have this as standard.
  • seat memory Ans: EX-L doesn't have this as standard.
  • reserve linked rear view mirror Ans: Standard on EX-L
  • 115V outlet & vid input for RES Ans: Standard on EX-L with RES

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can we put child seat in the 2nd row center seat? Ans: Center seat is narrow so the car seat will encroach a bit on the 2 outer seats.
Thanks

So I take that as in the 2 outer seats probably won't be comfortable for adult if we out the car seat in the middle, but its do-able with the LATCH

ps. We looked at the 2011 and I think Honda solved this by allowing the 2 outer seats to be able to slide side to side.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Thanks

So I take that as in the 2 outer seats probably won't be comfortable for adult if we out the car seat in the middle, but its do-able with the LATCH

ps. We looked at the 2011 and I think Honda solved this by allowing the 2 outer seats to be able to slide side to side.
OOps, I forgot that the passenger-side 2nd seat can be pushed out toward the sliding door and the center seat can also be moved on the rails.
Yes, this will create more separation between the center seat and the 2 outer seats and therefore more room for the adult passengers.
The trade-off is now accessing the 3rd row requires flipping a handle to move the 2nd seat toward the front.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh, so the car seat in the center and sliding outer seats are not new features on the 2011 :)

·
Administrator
14,523 Posts
That's too many questions and each one of 'em has been answered here before and some multiple times. Try the search?

·
Registered
132 Posts
We have a 2008 touring. I'll try to summarize what I know. If I am wrong someone please correct me.

1. I don't think you can use the latch on the removable center seat in either the Touring or EX-L. There are no anchors. They added this on the 2011 Odyssey.
2. The sideways slide is new to the 2011. You can separate the seats a bit allowing more room to put a carseat in the middle seat. You can also slide the middle seat forward. The 2008 you can relocate either side seat to be next to the other side seat when the center seat is removed. This requires removing the seat and reinstalling in the new location.
3. The 3rd row shades are only on the 2011 Touring models. On 2008 you have no shades on the 3rd row. There is a dealer installed accessory but it looks clunky.
4. You only get the 115 Volt AC power port and aux input if you have the EX-L w/ RES or the Touring.
5. The power tailgate is available on the 2009 and up EX-L models. 2008 was the last year of the manual tailgate on the EX-L. The Touring has it 2005+.
6. Here are the additional features on the Touring.
a. Comes standard with NAV+RES (You can get this on the EX-L but some don't have one or the other or both.
b. Memory seats that are linked to the remotes. For example if I unlock the van and open the door the driver seat and outside mirrors automatically adjust for me without having to press anything. (Super nice).
c. Front and rear proximity sensors. I think the EX-L with NAV has the rear but not the front.
d. Programmable information display. This allows someone to customize the van and what it does like when the doors lock/unlock, when to automatically reset the trip, change the way the intermittant wipers work, etc... It also gives more information like average gas mileage, etc...
e. The touring has fog lamps standard.
f. Auto headlamps
g. Auto tilt down side mirrors when van is put in reverse.
h. Power rear hatch.
i. Larger diameter wheels.
j. Different suspension tuning.

Oh and the 2008 touring doesn't have HID headlights.

I might have forgotten something but hopefully that is the majority of it.

·
Registered
249 Posts
6. Here are the additional features on the Touring.
a. Comes standard with NAV+RES (You can get this on the EX-L but some don't have one or the other or both.
b. Memory seats that are linked to the remotes. For example if I unlock the van and open the door the driver seat and outside mirrors automatically adjust for me without having to press anything. (Super nice).
c. Front and rear proximity sensors. I think the EX-L with NAV has the rear but not the front.
d. Programmable information display. This allows someone to customize the van and what it does like when the doors lock/unlock, when to automatically reset the trip, change the way the intermittant wipers work, etc... It also gives more information like average gas mileage, etc...
e. The touring has fog lamps standard.
f. Auto headlamps
g. Auto tilt down side mirrors when van is put in reverse.
h. Power rear hatch.
i. Larger diameter wheels.
j. Different suspension tuning.

Oh and the 2008 touring doesn't have HID headlights.

I might have forgotten something but hopefully that is the majority of it.
Touring has power adjustable pedals, a good feature for any car IMO. But I don't know what year it began, but I test drove an '07 Touring that had it.

·
Registered
786 Posts
a good feature for any car IMO./QUOTE]

It might be a good feature, but for some reason it seems to be disappearing in a lot of cars it was once offered in, including the 2011 Ody.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Adjustable pedals is something I've never seen, nor needed. Usually my fight is in just being able to fit in a car :rollingeyes:, so I've never even considered anything but the standard position for pedals.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Adjustable pedals is something I've never seen, nor needed. Usually my fight is in just being able to fit in a car :rollingeyes:, so I've never even considered anything but the standard position for pedals.
I find adjustable telescopic steering column a godsend in our Ody, something none of any of my previous cars had. I like it pushed back all as close to the IP as possible so I can actually read all the gauges.

·
Registered
380 Posts
At 6'9" I have to have it pushed all the way out as thats the only way I can sit in front of the steering wheel. Pedals are a non issue for me. Legroom is the biggie with me.

As for seeing the instrument panel, well, I just make sure my glasses have my current prescription in them. :tongue:

So, you are sitting like this then??

·
Registered
287 Posts
Odys are driven by women (and some men) of different sizes.
Some shorter drivers would welcome telescopic steering wheel AND adjustable pedals
so they don't sit too close to the air bag.
I guess Honda dropped the feature b/c not enough customers asking for that.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts