Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I destroyed the right half of my front bumper last night and wanted to know if it’s worth to repair it or get a completely new replacement. Where would I able to get replacement with the same exact color for under $300 at most
05EE1B74-F639-443F-BCED-3D0FBFD27E0E.jpeg

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
I've never bought one, but I recall you can buy them painted or unpainted and also folded or unfolded. Folded means they literally are folded so that it fits into a smaller shipping box.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Bought a prepainted bumper from ebay from a Jersey shop. It was for RAV4 and even folded it exceeded my expectations.
Being from NY you can pick it up in person and skip the shipping and folding nonsense.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Buy it painted. I have had success on ebay, and there is a place on the West side of Chicago that I have ordered parts from that paints if you want. Just search online for painted Odyssey bumper, you'll get hits - shipping can be a killer for that part.

·
Registered
48 Posts
You could also look at local junkyards to see if there is a rear ended car in the same color, and pull the bumper yourself.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I destroyed the right half of my front bumper last night and wanted to know if it’s worth to repair it or get a completely new replacement. Where would I able to get replacement with the same exact color for under $300 at most
Technically, you destroyed your bumper face, not your bumper. Once you take the bumper face off, you'll see your actual bumper, which Honda calls a bumper beam.

Be happy that you didn't destroy your bumper beam. Had you done that, more than just the beam would have been damaged. 😲

·
Registered
476 Posts
I got my rear bumper from them, pretty good quality, paint job was pretty good. Color matching is about 95%, fitting was good about 95% as well. It came wrapped in carton and bubble wrap with some kind of powder maybe to about any scratch. Make sure you get the right color code by the driver side sticker.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
I got my rear bumper from them, pretty good quality, paint job was pretty good. Color matching is about 95%, fitting was good about 95% as well. It came wrapped in carton and bubble wrap with some kind of powder maybe to about any scratch. Make sure you get the right color code by the driver side sticker.
oh man, I can see the color difference, pretty well.
My own Silver odyssey has had rear end work done 3-4 times and even professional shops cant match that silver properly. My car is 3 shades of silver.
Some colors match much better than others.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Correct, it depends on the light around as well sometimes mine looks good, sometimes you can see big time the difference with the front bumper.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
FYI, it's also commonly referred to as the bumper cover.
True, but the Mother Ship calls it a "bumper face", thus my use of the word "technically" vs "commonly".

Some of us remember actual bumpers. :)

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
It's a bumper and they get bumped. Smooth things out, fill the cracks with something paintable, get matching spray paint, spray and forget it. if you still dissatisfied, fix it when the weather warms up.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I also have a replacement bumper cover ordered online via ebay, I believe. The color mismatch is noticeable, but something I can live with. It is similar to the pics shown above.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Last August I hit a deer for the first time in nearly 50 years of driving. It punched a hole in the right front of the bumper on my '04. I had collision coverage mostly for if it got totaled but I took it into the body shop preferred by my insurance for an estimate: $1050. I knew if I was to get a bumper myself that it would be much cheaper than that and not difficult to put on after watching YouTube videos on it so I had no intention of having them fix it. Besides, I had a $500 deductible. So I was surprised when I got a check in the mail the next week for $550. I asked my insurance agent what I should do with it and he said, "Well, the check is in just your name--cash it. As far as the insurance company is concerned, they're done with you on the matter". So I cashed the check.

But the day after my accident to patch it up and make it look passable I used some plastic sheeting and white Gorilla tape to patch it up and then spray painted it with some silver paint I had that closely matched the car color. My insurance agent looked at it (he has a second business transporting disabled students and owns more than 1 Odyssey) and he said it looked good enough. My mechanic said the same thing. I agree. When you're poor you gotta do what you need to do to get by.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought a pre-painted bumper on ebay and also a bag of the clips that are used for install since I knew some were missing. I gave them my factory paint color and I think they got it exact except that since my van was 6 years older it's paint was faded slightly from the sun. But the only place you can tell is the two small 6" seams where the bumper is right next to the side panels and most people wouldn't notice.

On the bumper I got the clearcoat layer on the top had some dried drips, not the greatest quality compared to OEM but again, not noticable by most people. I would do the same thing again for sure.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts