Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I purchases a 2008 Honda Odyssey in February, it was a certified used vehicle, if that matters, it had 25000 miles on it. Approximately 2 weeks ago it began the shuddering that so many have described on here, so I made an appointment with the dealership last Thursday to check the problem. Upon review they updated the software for the torque converter and said that should fix it, long story short it did not. My van is currently at the dealership and they want to do a transmission flush at a cost of 184 bucks plus tax, i balked at the service as they had indicated at the first service last week that the fluid was normal normal color and no burnt smell. My question is will a transmission flush fix the torque converter problem or is it a temporary fix so they can get some money from me before the fix the actual problem. Van is still under warranty, as I had bough the Honda Care plan and currently has 40,00 mile son it. Any help or advice would be appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
186 Posts
2008 Odyssey shudder

Fluid fix is not likely going to fix the issue as the TCC is already cooked/worn/defective.

There is some pretty detailed information on problems that others have reported that may be similar to yours.

Bottom line is that you purchased a van with low low miles on it and it doesn't make sense that you've got tranny problems at this mileage.

Fluid flush I doubt will fix the issue so push for a TCC change if that is what is wrong with it (which it likely is).
Software update was to prevent the TCC from burning itself out. What does the software actually fix? I think the operating pressures within the tranny are different (lower perhaps?) so that it doesn't fry the tranny so quick?

DVPatel and others may be able to shed more light on this.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I would call Honda Customer Service and explain your problem to them. They helped me in the past when the dealer said it wasnt covered.
1-800-999-5901

1 - 4 of 4 Posts