Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My van is slow to start--I need to press gas to get it going. I'm thinking my air filter needs changed or cleaned. Can anyone tell me where it is located?

Thanks,
Lisa

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hey Lisa,
I just changed my air filter and its just like ^ said, the black box behind the battery. You have to loosen the four bolts holding it together on each corner; I suggest you use an 8mm socket instead of a Philips screwdriver when doing this since it's less likely to strip the bolt. Back out all the bolts completely...don't worry about losing them cause they're attached to the cover. Good luck...:)

·
Registered
193 Posts
How many miles on your van and how many since the filter was last changed ? Why do you think you need an air filter ?

Air filters are often replaced way too early. They actually filter best (more efficiently) later in their life so early replacement results in more dirt in the engine.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Hey Lisa,
I just changed my air filter and its just like ^ said, the black box behind the battery. You have to loosen the four bolts holding it together on each corner; I suggest you use an 8mm socket instead of a Philips screwdriver when doing this since it's less likely to strip the bolt. Back out all the bolts completely...don't worry about losing them cause they're attached to the cover. Good luck...:)
Thanks for adding the instructions. I logged in and was just going to edit the post and you already did it for me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts