Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem with my Odsyssey. Mileage 88885 miles. Year 2008. When the car stands for a few days, 2-3 days long, I need to turn the starter longer to start the engine. Then the error P0339, CKP sensor pops up.
This sensor was replaced 9,000 miles ago for the same reason. the problem persisted. When I start the engine overnight, the problem does not occur. Anyone had such a case and what could be the solution to the problem? :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This replaced sensor is OM Honda, it was replaced by Honda service, now the sensor alignment by scanner and original software has been done recently. the problem is still the same. When the car is standing for a few days, you need to turn the starter for a long time, the check engine lights up, code P0339. I'll make a few miles the ECL light goes out. The car starts normally. I would like to emphasize that it is summer in Poland now, it is warm.
What could be causing this error?

·
Registered
12,838 Posts
Try this. Let the car sit a few days so you know it will have a long crank time. Then rather than just turn the key and fire it up, turn the key to on for 2-3 seconds, then turn it off. Then turn it on for 2-3 seconds and turn it off. Do this 4-5 times. When you turn on the key it "primes" the fuel system by running the fuel pump for a couple of seconds. Do this a few times to make sure the fuel system is fully primed and then start the vehicle. If the engine fires right up and doesn't have a long crank time then you have an issue with the check valve in the fuel pump.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok, thank you for the advice, I'll try it tomorrow. Because it will stand for 3-4 days. I will see and diagnose this problem. Thanks.
I will write what is the result of this way of starting the engine. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I checked it today, I think you're right, the car, after a few starts with the key, a 2-3 second turn and return to the ignition, started immediately. It's likely to be the check valve that holds the pressure. I ordered a new pump on RockAuto. Complete. SPECTRA PREMIUM SP8038M {#17045SHJA30, 17045SHJA51} , I think this is a good choice ? :)

·
Registered
5,166 Posts
The OE fuel pumps last a long time. When I had this problem, I only changed the fuel pressure regulator. Working with the brittle plastic fuel pump was scary though.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Exactly, I thought so too to change only the valve. But when disassembling or replacing, it would be possible to break a small plastic element and I would have a problem. And I'm in Europe and there are no parts for this model so quickly available here. I preferred to buy a complete pump. Tomorrow, the day after tomorrow, I will mention it, let you know how it went and whether everything will be ok.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts