Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Searched past 18 months on the forum and found lots of posts about drone, but none like the sound I am hearing on my Ody.

When I am cruising at 40-45mph I am hearing a 'crunch' type of sound that lasts about 2 seconds coming from the front of the car. Sounds like when I miss a shift in a manual car.

This can happen if I am accelerating to the 40-45mph range or decelerating from say highway speeds to the 40-45mph range.

If I stay at the 40-45mph range then it will reoccur a couple of times a minute. Since the first time I noticed the pattern I avoid the 40-45mph range and continue either accelerating or decelerating so I do not coast in that speed range.

Of course I am paranoid about transmission failure but wanted to throw it out there in case anyone had similar experiences. Will be hitting the dealer next week to see what they say.

·
Registered
6,076 Posts
Definitely take a mechanic with you for a drive when this happens.

The only TSBs that would be close might be #07-005 for the Power Steering pump and reservoir or the #09-053 for the lock-up clutch judders.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the pointers. I am leaning towards the 'Judder' TSB as it is in the speed range and is definitely a more hearty sound like something a transmission or engine might make.

If I have my windows open I can hear the sound echo off of cars near me so the volume it pretty loud.

I didn't get a chance to make it to the dealership today but will report back after I do.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks like it was the Judder TSB. Amazing what an ECU code update will fix. So far so good, haven't heard it in 2 days since the update.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts