Honda Odyssey Forum banner

2008 Odyssey Starter Replacement

11K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  OdyinNH 
#1 ·
Greeting! I have an 2008 Odyssey. The starter is reaching the end of its life. I'm going to replace it by myself. Do you know any DIY starter replacement videos for this 2008 Odyssey model being shared on the web? Please help! Thanks.

#2 ·
I know I had seen a good one for this platform, I'll have to find it.

Make sure to buy an OE part, an OE reman, or buy a rebuild kit and rebuild it at home. The aftermarket ones don't last long enough to be worth it.

I had a Napa starter on my Accord when I bought it last year and it went out less than a year after I bought the car and I had to have the car towed to a shop in the middle of the night and had to let him order another aftermarket part. I am planning on getting one from a junkyard and rebuilding it before it goes out again

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

#4 ·
I know I had seen a good one for this platform, I'll have to find it.

Make sure to buy an OE part, an OE reman, or buy a rebuild kit and rebuild it at home. The aftermarket ones don't last long enough to be worth it.

I had a Napa starter on my Accord when I bought it last year and it went out less than a year after I bought the car and I had to have the car towed to a shop in the middle of the night and had to let him order another aftermarket part. I am planning on getting one from a junkyard and rebuilding it before it goes out again

Thanks, ashirm98. Take your time!

#7 ·

#13 ·
#17 ·
I just replaced mine today with a Denso reman from Rockauto. Tight quarters but not terrible, only a little bit of lost skin but prefer not to go back in there because of a cheapo starter. The firewall side lower battery tray bolt was the only thing I had to lay on the ground for and it is reachable with the wheels turned to the left. The Ericthecarguy video helps to locate those tray bolts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.