Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our 2008 Odyssey has been making what I can only describe as a "thrumming" sound from the front of the vehicle for quite some time (i.e. almost a year). It sounds like a very faint "...whum...whum...whum...". The sound is very consistent, but it's so subtle you only hear it on quiet roads (i.e., little-to-no traffic). It seems to be coincident with the rotation of the wheels, but I'm not 100% sure of that. It doesn't seem to be coming from one side versus the other. It definitely gets a bit louder when the van is following curves in the road.

Our local dealer said it was "tire noise", but I have a hard time believing that, since we've put on new tires and the noise didn't change at all.

The only possibilities I can think of would be wheel bearings, CV joints (do Odysseys have these?), or (God forbid) some problem in the transaxle.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Use the Attachment icon (paperclip) in the edit box. Should work with an audio file.
(ps- I think it's overkill to 'Reply with quote' when replying to the last post! Just start typing in the box!)
By the way, is your splash shield under the bumper secure? That might be flapping and causing your 'thrumming' sound.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi, thanks.

Both splash shields seem to be attached as they should be - nothing hanging nor rubbing that I can see.

RE: Reply with quote: I have just been hitting the "Reply" button, the QUOTE tags seem to be auto-generated...so I guessed that was "normal" here. I'll delete them from now on.

Still working on getting an audio recording of this strange noise.

Thanks all, for the the help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts