Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

So, is it possible to put Honda Ody 2008 front seats (actually, really just the passenger side) into a 2001 EX?

What do I need to even look out for to know whether I can do this? I assume that it has something to do with the spacing between the rails where the seat mounts, but is there other things that are critically important to consider?

I don't actually have to have Ody 2008 seats. It's just that my wife was in our neice's 2008 and loved how firm and supportive the seats were, and wanted them for our 2001. I've seen that Acura stuff seems to fit the Ody's well, and we'd be OK with using Acura stuff if it gets the job done.

Many thanks!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Possible? Anything's possible.

Big concern is the side air bags, the new seats very likely have them, not sure if your current seats do. It's also iffy if they can bolt in or not.

Finding a good clean used set could also be a pain and could be pricey.

Dale

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, the 2001 does not have side airbags, so interfacing with that system would not have to happen...assuming that there is no issue having "non-active" airbags just sitting there in the seat.

If the airbags are not an issue, presumably it's just down to having the rail widths the same size? Correct?

Does anyone have a link to how to remove the seats?

Cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts