Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We were fed up with fixing things on the Veracruz as we wiped the factory bumper to bumper in just 1.5 years due to my wife's commute.

85,000 miles on the sucker with windshield wipers that just completely broke, stearing column switch also broken keeping the steering wheel high like you were driving a bus along with brakes that are woefully undersized and obviously a poor design as most every component was replaced under the warranty early on but continued to be a problem.

Drove down the street to the Honda Dealership and worked out a deal to drive home in a Pearl White Touring Elite. We both had Honda Civics in the past from 99, 00, and 96 and they were all work horses that never needed more then normal maintenance so we were comfortable going back to Honda for the first time in over 10 years.

Her car after the 96 honda was a 2005 Mini Cooper S which was in the shop every other month for a whole host of things and was more inconvenient then costly. Got the Veracruz as we got sucked into the "great price for what you get" idea and paid for it ever since. Fitting 3 car seats into the Veracruz was going to be a trick so we were contemplating a new car anyway along with her commute decreasing in mileage we figured lets go back to what we know to be reliable and quality regardless of a small price premium.

We absolutely love the Odyssey and plan on keeping this one for 10 years plus. With the assistance of a community like this one I believe we made the right choice and getting about 5-6 mpg mixed driving better then the Veracruz I can't think of a way we didn't win.

I look forward to be a avid member here and will try to contribute in any way I can over the years.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Welcome back to the right H emblem!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts