Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Below are UOA's of the ATF with 17k on it (17k on van right now) and engine oil UOA (3rd oil change) with 6300 miles on the oil.

NOTE: The maintenance minder said 30% remaining when I changed it. It was at the low mark and I opted to change it and do a UOA instead of topping off.

Both oils look great per reports (even with all the particles the magnetic plug caught), but the lab did comment that 15k or so on the ATF is about right, and to continue "topping it off" which is dropping 3 and adding 3 every 15k or so.

I'm now 100% sold on 15k or every other oil change is good timing to refresh the ATF.

·
Super Moderator
1,175 Posts
RinconVTR:

What oil (brand and weight) and filter (brand) was used?

The UOA report did not have any details.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
EE4Life said:
RinconVTR:

What oil (brand and weight) and filter (brand) was used?

The UOA report did not have any details.
Its what ever the dealer used because I got free oil changes the first year. I didnt bother asking because I'm sure they would simply tell me its Honda brand oil, and I simply dont believe dealers are using Honda oil around town except when 0w-20 is required. They did use the blue Honda filter though.

My current 04 Accord and previous 04 CR-V had great reports using both Quaker State (dino) and Valvoline Syn Power. And although I'm not a believer that brand or type matters, I will be sticking to Honda Z1 ATF as I do with the Accord.

·
Super Moderator
13,475 Posts
Hi RinconVTR, is there any way to get the pix back? If you need hosting I can slap 'em on my webserver but I wanted to see the ATF numbers if you can repost the pix. :)

·
Super Moderator
13,475 Posts
Thanks for restoring the pix. I am gonna stick to a D/F of ATF every other oil change thanks to what Blackstone says on your report. I did a 2x D/F a couple of weeks back. :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
:huh: Did we read the same reports? Your ATF fluid is toast, but your engine oil is fine. The sodium is a bit high, maybe you live near the beach?

Both oils look great per reports (even with all the particles the magnetic plug caught), but the lab did comment that 15k or so on the ATF is about right, and to continue "topping it off" which is dropping 3 and adding 3 every 15k or so.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts