Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I want to install a remote engine starter to my 2009 Honda Odyssey EXL.

Honda does not provide one. It is only available only from the 2011 model.

If anyone has installed a third party remote starter on their odyssey - please let me know the manufacturer name, price, installation cost & how you like its performance.

Your feedback will be really appreciated.

Best Regards

·
Registered
119 Posts
Just as a fall-back perhaps (because there are newer/smarter remotes probably available - and folks have posted about other remote starters I think):

I have a 2007 EX-L (and am the 2nd owner). The original owner had the dealer install an Omega RS-4LX remote starter. I use the Honda fob for remote start (hit the "lock" twice, within a 3 sec). It does the job. Sorry, I don't have any knowledge of the install itself.

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
I've been looking at a Viper 5301 for my Pilot. I have a friend who has one and loves it. I've priced this out at my local Best Buy, and it will be around $400 installed.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I have the ViperSmartStart. It has impressive distance. Theoretically can start it from across the world using my iphone. It worked from cities away when my wife locked herself out.

It doesn't have many features beyond that and has exhibited weird behavior and my check engine light is coming on occasionally. Took it back to BestBuy three times and they can't figure it out so buyer beware. Honda says the check engine light is weird too can't figure it out.

I'd buy it again simply because Honda doesn't offer one, but would have been happier with a factory remote start system.

I don't know how far away other systems work but when I am on the soccer field with my kids and the game is almost over I start it up and arrive at a nice cooled van. The distance from the van to the soccer field is at least 2000 feet or more which is nothing for this system since its a cellular antenna.

Its cheaper now but when I bought it (the week it came out) it was 475 plus install. Install cost me 250 bucks, hardly free. I also had to pay 30 this year for cellular service.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts