Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys ... unfortunately my wife backed out of the garage today with the passenger side slider open and broke the center roller on the slider. I have removed and replaced the roller, but i cannot find anywhere on this forum that shows how to adjust the tension on the cables to get them back on the roller.

I have seen some depictions of what may be earlier models, but nothing that looks like what i have in my 2009. I removed the interior trim panel in the back to get a look at the mechanism, but it appears to be a closed housing.

Does anybody know how these can be adjusted?

I have attached a picture for reference ... the two cables go in the upper left and upper right hand side.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
I know having to deal with this sucks especially if you don't have any clue how it works. Would you consider having the dealer do the fix? They could also perform the necessary re-adjustment in case something got bent that would prevent the side door from opening/closing properly.

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
I suggest buying the OEM service manual or take it to the dealer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey guys ... after playing with this for a while i managed to free the cable by turning on the power to the sliders and tugging a bit. I was able to get the cable out far enough to hook it back up to the center roller ... However .. when i engaged the cable and tried opening and closing the door it would only go part way and then stop with the error bell. I can tell that the cable must have been bound up inside the mechanism since the coating has been stripped in a few places. Dont think i want to replace this myself since it will also involve removing the rear HVAC unit.

I also noticed some damage to the lower mechanism on the door so that it will only open about 3/4 way before hitting a stop.

Ive decided to give in here as some of you have suggested and take it to the dealer. thanks for your help.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Would you consider having the dealer do the fix? They could also perform the necessary re-adjustment in case something got bent that would prevent the side door from opening/closing properly.
William Wiles said:
or take it to the dealer.
"Take it to the dealer" isn't really a helpful post unless you have specific knowledge of a unique tool or capability a dealer tech has that a mechanically minded person using the forum does not. The OP already has the technical drawings and a parts supplier. That's 90% of the dealer advantage.

At $95/hour shop rates by the book plus wait time, commute to dealer, time off work, Enviro fees, shop supply charge, communicating through a commissioned service writer, ect.. a lot of us try and do work by ourselves.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
"Take it to the dealer" isn't really a helpful post unless you have specific knowledge of a unique tool or capability a dealer tech has that a mechanically minded person using the forum does not. The OP already has the technical drawings and a parts supplier. That's 90% of the dealer advantage.

At $95/hour shop rates by the book plus wait time, commute to dealer, time off work, Enviro fees, shop supply charge, communicating through a commissioned service writer, ect.. a lot of us try and do work by ourselves.
Hey OdyProspect ... thanks for speaking up ... I am new to this forum and was thinking the same thing you said and was surprised at the first couple of "non-suggestoins".... I am an engineer with 25 years of experience and have been able to figure out most things. I wasnt sure what to expect from this forum.
:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts