Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Odyssey RX-L
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The sliding door windows open about 80% which is the intended operation. I am curious if it is possible to make them go 100% or is there a physical limitation in the door? I wanted to ask before I tried opening the door panel.

Use case: so my dogs can stick their heads out easier. (I know it's not safe, they should really be in kennels.)

Obligatory "tried searching for this first" disclaimer. I'll poke around for some photos people have posted, too.

·
Registered
2006 Honda Odyssey (EX)
3,435 Posts
I believe it is limited. I think it might be meant as a safety feature, because it would be easier for a kid to climb out if the window was open fully.

·
Registered
2010 Odyssey RX-L
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe it is limited. I think it might be meant as a safety feature, because it would be easier for a kid to climb out if the window was open fully.
I read up about sliding windows not going all the way down (in general) and apparently the child safety thing is a myth. It's usually always a physical limitation such as a wheel well.

·
Registered
2006 Honda Odyssey (EX)
3,435 Posts
I read up about sliding windows not going all the way down (in general) an dapparently the child safety thing is a myth. It's usually always a physical limitation such as a wheel well.
I suppose the very bottom of the door also has a lot of the mechanical components for the power sliding door, so it may be harder to fit it in. It's already difficult to get the rear latch out with the window track in the way.

Reactions: yotee

·
Registered
2010 Odyssey RX-L
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I suppose the very bottom of the door also has a lot of the mechanical components for the power sliding door, so it may be harder to fit it in. It's already difficult to get the rear latch out with the window track in the way.
Makes sense! I'll just sawz-all a dog hole.

·
Registered
2012 EXL. 2013 Touring
409 Posts
The sliding door windows open about 80% which is the intended operation. I am curious if it is possible to make them go 100% or is there a physical limitation in the door? I wanted to ask before I tried opening the door panel.

Use case: so my dogs can stick their heads out easier. (I know it's not safe, they should really be in kennels.)

Obligatory "tried searching for this first" disclaimer. I'll poke around for some photos people have posted, too.
If your measure your window and include the .5 inch at the top that tucks in to seal the top edge. Then add 2 inches to that for the window channel hardware. Now, measure from the window sill and see where that brings the window.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts