Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Currently driving a 2007 EXL with 277K miles, would like to get a newer model with lower mileage. Seems like the 2010 is in my price range, looking at a 2010 EXL with leather and entertainment (problem with the radio only goes to 3 on volume knob and no sound. can't seem to find this in the forums..), but the big concern is oil rings on the motor. The 2010 has 135k miles, impeccable service record all one dealer- Dunning Honda of Ferndale Michigan, no reported accidents, etc, 5500 plus tax and (ahem) 300 dealer "service" fee. (not at the Honda dealer..) 2 owners. Timing belt done at 97K. Heres the thing. Short Block replaced and ECU reprogrammed at 45K miles. I called the service manager at the Honda dealer, and he said that if that was done, I should have no problems with the rings. True? False? Don't want to buy a problem, its' all the money I have. Car drives well, and aI have had 4 Odys since 2001, got near 300k out of each. 2 new 2001, 2003, 2 used... 2003, 2007.

OR-- Should I look for another 2007 with low miles...

Thanks For your help!!

Yours,
Dave

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
I have a 2007 Ex-L and have grown to like the durability and clean ability of it... So far every EX that I have looked at with cloth seats has been junky
Then swap out the stuff you want. You just have to source the parts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts