Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all -

I've installed a class III hitch, wiring harness and getting ready to install a prodigy p3 brake controller. I have full confidence in my skills to do so (along with the coolers) however I can't seem to locate a nice place to use an existing grommet or hole in the firewall to run my wires through.

Can anyone possibly shed some light on where I might be able to do this without drilling a hole in my firewall? If I must, I will but I must also ask for a good location for this.

I'm fairly good at figuring things out with a good description, but a picture is also worth 1000 words.

Thanks for the information folks, and I did try to do some searches; however I am somewhat search ignorant/handicapped.

Thanks,

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi all -

I've installed a class III hitch, wiring harness and getting ready to install a prodigy p3 brake controller. I have full confidence in my skills to do so (along with the coolers) however I can't seem to locate a nice place to use an existing grommet or hole in the firewall to run my wires through.

Can anyone possibly shed some light on where I might be able to do this without drilling a hole in my firewall? If I must, I will but I must also ask for a good location for this.

I'm fairly good at figuring things out with a good description, but a picture is also worth 1000 words.

Thanks for the information folks, and I did try to do some searches; however I am somewhat search ignorant/handicapped.

Thanks,
Are you talking a wiring harness like this: Custom Fit Vehicle Wiring by Tow Ready for - 118438 or something different? (they've got video showing an install on an older unit...)

Our van came with a unit installed... but it doesn't appear to have the wiring harness installed... need to check on the trans cooler lines... not sure about that either... our receiver sits about where the "factory" unit would go... however, it has a bar that also mounts in the center - going under the seat well for the back seats... (not sure how to describe it)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I found and decided to go through the the grommet in the center counsel. Next question is can anyone please tell me what color wire I need to attach the red wire to from the brake controller to the brake pedal? I don't have a "tester" to see which one activates when the brakes are pressed.

Thanks in advance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts