Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I were rear ended in our brand spankin new Odyssey on Sunday evening. Made 2 payments on the thing, atleast this is better than my previous new car. I was rear ended in my Brand new 2008 Subaru Impreza after 1 payment.

What really got me this time was that my wife who is 5.5 months pregnant with twins was in the car. I'm sure the teen girl who hit me was scared as is and didn't need me yelling at her but come on...how do you miss a big ass white van and all the other cars stopped around you?

She's lucky the ER doctor and our OBGYN gave the all clear.

on to the pics. Damage isn't too bad. She was in a Firebird and basically went under our rear bumper.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Whew. Glad everyone is okay specially with your wife pregnant with twins. I once rear ended a ford aero star and turned out the passenger was pregnant. Other driver just looked at me and left..I'm glad it was not a serious hit.

Btw, was the other driver texting, on her cell phone etc?

Gee, what is with you and getting rear ended each time you have new car?

·
Super Moderator
13,638 Posts
Glad the wife and the little ones are OK.

I like the bandaid on your bumper though. :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea i'm glad my wife checked out ok. If she hadn't i would on trial for homicide.

after all said and done you gotta be able to laugh at the fact that another new car of mine was hit...hence the band aid.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Glad everyone's ok afterall.

When u get the bumper fixed, remember to get a warranty / guarantee against fading / peeling. Alot of bodyshop don't do good jobs hence a few years down the road you'll see major difference b/w the factory paint and the new paint.

·
Registered
355 Posts
onebadassdx said:
the teen girl

...how do you miss a big ass white van and all the other cars stopped around you?
Easy, see above.:rolleyes:

I've had it happen to me in bumper to bumper LA rush hour traffic and watched the teen girl driving daddy's new Mustang come up behind me and all I could do was brace for impact.

Glad the wife and kids are ok.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just dropped off the van this morning at a reputable body shop. Total damage came to almost 1200.00. They have to replace the rear bumper and repair the tailgate due to minor dings. I requested they debadge the Odyssey and the huge "H" emblem, fill in the holes and repaint.

Oh, this shop holds a lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
98 Posts
OK ... one time, maybe an accident. But two new cars in a row? Obviously, you must be backing into these poor, unsuspecting drivers :stupid: Glad all are OK!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts