Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 with fog lights. I bought it used, and the fog lights never worked. I had the bumper off to do some other work, so I decided to investigate. I checked to make sure I had power from the clip to bulb connection. I have nearly 12 volts when I turn on the switch. I tried new bulbs, but still can’t get the lights to work.
Is this possibly a ground issue?

·
Registered
409 Posts
I'd pull up the wiring diagram and follow the grounds. Its pretty weird, but I can see it causing an issue. Bernardi has them on their website with the instructions.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The strangest thing happened last night. I was driving home, and turned the fog lights on. They worked! I got in my van this morning and tried them, and they’re not working again. My van was in the garage all night. Is there a photocell that only allows them to work when it’s dark?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Is there a photocell that only allows them to work when it’s dark?
They are linked to the headlights. From the OM, p. 138:
You can use the fog lights only when the headlights are on low beam. They will go off when the headlights are turned off.
So reading between the lines here, I conclude that if the headlights are on the AUTO setting, then the fog lights will not work if the auto control is keeping them off. This would match the "photocell-like" behavior you describe, although it is a somewhat indirect control.
I have a 2010 with fog lights. I bought it used, and the fog lights never worked. I had the bumper off to do some other work, so I decided to investigate. I checked to make sure I had power from the clip to bulb connection. I have nearly 12 volts when I turn on the switch. I tried new bulbs, but still can’t get the lights to work.
Is this possibly a ground issue?
Given the information so far, it could be a ground fault. It's unclear from your original description how you got 12V when you probed it. Were you measuring pin to pin in the socket, or did you reference ground to some other chassis component?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts