Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just purchased a 2010 preowned Ody EXL with RES as we are expecting our 3rd baby in a few weeks and needed the 3rd row for our oldest daughter's seat. Our girls are 4.5 and 3yrs (both still in 5pt harness carseats; not boosters yet). Our plan is to have our oldest in the 3rd row - she is requesting the middle seat (prime DVD viewing) but having never used a 3rd row previously we weren't sure if there was a recommendation for the sides vs. the middle seat? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
47 Posts
The center seat of the third row is the only part that has LATCH. The tether anchor is located in the back of the trunk, by the rear hatch.

·
Registered
176 Posts
have 3 boys and all of them have sat on the sides of 3rd row when in booster @ 5yr, they can see DVD just fine and the sides have drink holders, also we usually have the other seat removed( caravan) or folded down in Odyssey. They love that I let them in thru the back to thier seat.

·
Registered
67 Posts
We have 3 boys, 8 yo twins and a 12 yo. Since day one in a 2002 EXL RES and a new-ish 2010 EXL RES, we had the oldest sit in the center row seat behind the front passenger seat, with the twins in the 3rd row seat in car seats/boosters. One thing we did was remove the vacant second row seat.
This provided a lot of extra room for everyone to jump in during bad weather and then get in their seats. Now, it's great for school bags, backpacks, etc.

·
Registered
419 Posts
The center some will tell you is the safest position for kids. You can put your 4.5 in a high back booster but remember that the middle position in the Ody is narrow so a high back may be too wide. My five year old and my 9 year old trade that center seat all the time. Although they have no problem being able to see the DVD screen from the outside positions.

Good luck, P

1 - 5 of 5 Posts