Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Folks,

Got few issues and not sure which ones might be related. I'm a noob so want to apologize in advance :)

1 - My 2010 Odyssey EX started having dead battery issue. I thought it would be the AC Relay again so I replaced all 3 Relays under the hood - this did not fix the issue. Got Battery tested and it was good. Got Alternator / charging system tested and also good. Then learned about doing the drain test using volt meter and found current draw to be 0.43 amps.
Started pulling fuses and narrowed it down to #7 on fuse box next to driver's feet. If I pull that fuse, current draw drops to 0.03 amps.

2 - Before the battery drain issue, horn stopped beeping when pressing lock twice on OEM remote.
It still seems to lock the doors but no more horn/beep or light flash as earlier.

3 - Lock cylinder on driver door handle stopped working. I can insert the key to lock/unlock but key keeps spinning without stopping (doesn't matter which direction) and door does not get lock/unlock.
(Pointed this out to shop doing charging system check and person said that someone might have tried to break into it by using screw driver or something, but could not help check.)

There seems to be only 1 cylinder to manually lock/unlock using key; which got us in trouble when battery died and remote would not work (luckily window was down enough to get door unlocked).

Searched this forum and looks like micro switch on sliding doors are the problems (most of the times) when it comes to parasitic battery drain. Both sliding doors are working fine and there does not seem to be any visual/physical indication to suggest any issue with sliding door.

Anyone has gone through similar issues? Any suggestion?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2006 Honda Odyssey (EX)
2,597 Posts
It could still be a rear latch issue. They're known to cause a 0.4 amp draw on the #7 fuse.

Reactions: thscott

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
As said, the 0.4 amp drain is often the rear door latch issue.

Reactions: Jadu

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the quick response.

Any suggestions on how I could find out which sliding door could be causing the issue?

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
A bi-directional scanner can pull the body codes. Or if you don't have access to one, there's a jumper trick to blink out the body codes on the cluster. This post has a link to the video showing how to do this: 2005 Odyssey Sliding door problems.

·
Registered
2006 Honda Odyssey (EX)
2,597 Posts
Definitely try blinking out the body codes, though I'm skeptical if it will actually help in this case, since you didn't mention having a slide door light on the dash. Worth a try though.

If not, you might just have to take both door panels off and check out the connection for each latch and seeing which one has the draw.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thank you for the suggestions.
Using foil to pull the code worked (just like video.)

Dashboard showed following:

b1140 30
b1222 51
end

Anyone able to tell what those mean?

·
Registered
2006 Honda Odyssey (EX)
2,597 Posts
Interesting. No rear latch codes. B1222 is pretty common at this age. Rear mode control motor. You may notice that if you turn the rear air on, switching between floor and ceiling vents doesn't work.

B1140 appears to be an issue with the driver's window position detection.

Maybe @hpark21 has something from the service manual that can help with that?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, I guess those are unexpected.

Does any of the 2 codes explain battery drain?

Maybe power window linked to #7 fuse?

·
Registered
2006 Honda Odyssey (EX)
2,597 Posts
Thanks, I guess those are unexpected.

Does any of the 2 codes explain battery drain?

Maybe power window linked to #7 fuse?
It likely is related. You could start there and check.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Interesting. No rear latch codes. B1222 is pretty common at this age. Rear mode control motor. You may notice that if you turn the rear air on, switching between floor and ceiling vents doesn't work.

B1140 appears to be an issue with the driver's window position detection.

Maybe @hpark21 has something from the service manual that can help with that?
Here it is:
Font Number Electric blue Document

Font Number Screenshot Event

·
Registered
2006 Honda Odyssey (EX)
2,597 Posts
Thank you for that.

Unfortunately, I do not have access to HDS.
You don't need HDS, it's just asking you to read codes, which you've already done.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Thanks for those instructions.

Auto Up & Down works.

I guess next step would be to clear the codes and see if they come back?

Edit:
For other noobs like me, found YouTube Video that goes well with instructions provided by hpark21:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts