Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else get a recall/TSB notice for a PCM reflash on the 2010 (2009 I believe too)?

We received ours today. ( I looked here to see if it had been posted already but I didn't see it...? )

It needs to have the PCM flashed/updated in order to prevent tranny shudder (or they called it 'judder' ) due to the lock up clutch not functioning properly between 20-45 mph.

Says the dealer needs it for half a day to do the software update.

Honda is calling it a product update so I don't know if referring to it as a recall or tsb is correct or not (I'm not overly familiar with Honda 'lingo' yet).
:D

·
Super Moderator
13,646 Posts
Another 2010 owner posted in the tranny judder thread a few hours back.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Judder

Yes I have a 2010 with 25K miles. Got my letter on the 4th.
Took it into dealer to have the new software installed and was told it would be ready by 3PM. At 1PM dealer called saying Honda informed them a "new version" was coming to them today. Dealer arranged for me to pick up loaner car and kept my Oddy over night.

As of this writing dealer has not yet received the "new and improved" version they were scheduled to get today. I suspect they will have my van another night.

I had no tranny problems at all, but now worry I may start after the dealer screws around with the tranny software. I suppose time will tell.

Saw a new 2011 in the dealer showroom yesterday. Wasn't impressed.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I was wrong. Did get the van back late this afternoon. Drives fine so far. Dealer says Honda has made 7 or 8 changes to the software over the past few years.

I told him that was of little comfort. :(

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
cc183 said:
I was wrong. Did get the van back late this afternoon. Drives fine so far. Dealer says Honda has made 7 or 8 changes to the software over the past few years.

I told him that was of little comfort. :(

Hmmmmmm, maybe I should wait till next week until the next tweak comes along.......these guys are worse than Microsoft Windows.....

·
Registered
31 Posts
I had mine updated on the 4th. It took 45 minutes and that included a wash. I asked if the had any complaints and they said 99% of the people haven't noticed anything. I guess most people here are 1%'s because you could definitely notice it. I always thought it was related to the VCM cutting out. It does seem to be less noticeable but it is still too early to tell. I guess I'll wait a week and call the dealer and make sure I have the right version...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Bought our 2010 on June 30. I've not received and recalls. Maybe the fix was already in my van.

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Anandks said:
Folks, is there a TSB# for this?
I have not seen any TSB numbers. The notice I received is a "product update" not a full fledged recall notice & none of the paperwork references any TSB numbers.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I just got my letter last wednesday for my 2010 Ody ( Purchased Feb 2010 ). Scheduled an appointment for the 20th of October. Hopefully, they should have all the updates in hand.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I took delivery of my 2010 in Oct of 2009. Just got my letter last week. Honda made another software update while my van was in the dealers hands.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just got back from the dealers in regards to the updated software. First thing I noticed, the transition from going to regular mode to econo mode is smoother (no jutters) at lower speeds (20-45mph). Went on the freeway and the transition was spotless and unnoticeable when going into econo mode at speeds exceeding 65mph. It's just the beginning for now, but i'll post something later on next week in regards to any changes I can feel from the tranny.

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Roger said:
Just got back from the dealers in regards to the updated software. First thing I noticed, the transition from going to regular mode to econo mode is smoother (no jutters) at lower speeds (20-45mph). Went on the freeway and the transition was spotless and unnoticeable when going into econo mode at speeds exceeding 65mph. It's just the beginning for now, but i'll post something later on next week in regards to any changes I can feel from the tranny.
I'll be interested to see if the revisions have any impact on MPG. Our 09 goes in next Wednesday for the updates.

·
Registered
52 Posts
psu ody fan said:
I'll be interested to see if the revisions have any impact on MPG. Our 09 goes in next Wednesday for the updates.
Thats the thing im concerned about also. Right after I got the software upgrade, I went to the gas station and filled her up and zero'ed out the miles. I'll will post my miles when I get down to 1/2 tank. Miles will be both city and highway driving as usual.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Alright. Still in the same tank of gas since I filled her up last wednesday ( 10-20-2010 ). As usually, lots of city / hwy driving. I also drove to a friend's home at about an average speed of 80mph last sunday. Total trip was 120 miles. Im still waiting for the " low on fuel " indicator to go on before I fill her up. So far, total miles from full tank is 355 miles.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts