Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to this site.
Has anybody heard of 2010 touring model catching on fire!!!!
Mine did 2 weeks ago whilst I was driving and its a total loss!!! NOt heard anything from honda. Keeping very quiet. Waiting for inspectors to take a look. Any info would be a great help

·
Registered
786 Posts
Yikes, I'm sorry to hear about that. I don't ever remember hearing of this happening before, and I know I would remember if I did. I hope everyone made it out all right.

·
Registered
9,238 Posts
Wow, that's scary! Was the fire in the engine bay?

·
Super Moderator
13,838 Posts
There has been one other reported fire incident in the 3rd gen. It was on the news and some one had posted a link on here. But Ody fires are very rare.

Hope Honda does right by you.

·
Registered
786 Posts
I found the video. Apparently it was on Long Island, New York. I wonder if they replaced it with another Ody? ;D

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
I wonder what the cause is?

Hope you find a good outcome with Honda.

I suspect the cause is electrical as is the case for most car fires.
A quick Google search using keyword "Honda Odyssey caught fire" yielded the following results:

Honda Odyssey Engine Fire - Car Forums - Edmunds

'Exploding' Honda destroyed house claim

Honda Odyssey burns down house?

2011 Honda Odyssey Spontaneously Caught Fire | CarComplaints.com

http://www.odyclub.com/forums/9-pro...arted-smoking-melting-almost-caught-fire.html
(This one seems to refer to ? malfunctioning seat heater)

·
Registered
34 Posts
I found the video. Apparently it was on Long Island, New York. I wonder if they replaced it with another Ody? ;D

OH MY LORD!!! That thing was cooking. Scary to think how quickly that can happen, especially when you are carrying 2 car seats and someone in the 3rd row.

None the less, I hope everyone was safe. I hope you get yours replaced with a better model too. If you don't care, please post back once you find out what caused it, if you are allowed to of course. lol

§

·
Registered
249 Posts
New to this site.
Has anybody heard of 2010 touring model catching on fire!!!!
Mine did 2 weeks ago whilst I was driving and its a total loss!!! NOt heard anything from honda. Keeping very quiet. Waiting for inspectors to take a look. Any info would be a great help
V. sorry to hear that. Glad no one was hurt, that's the most important thing. Do you know the (possible) cause ?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Amazing , Cops on scene still letting traffic pass by ??? , obvious they have never seen a Gas Tank go off. I've personally seen a steel and plastic go off, I would not drive by.

Looks like everyone was safely out of the Van

·
Registered
24 Posts
wow, that is something else. you dont see that every day. it looks like everyone was safe. nice work to the first responders

·
Registered
380 Posts
wow. scary. Any news on the cause?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the concerns. Not heard a single thing from Honda!!!
Insurance just paid me and they are stilling waiting for an answer from Honda as to wether they want to be present when insurance company does forensic investigation.
Thanks for the video.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanks for the update. Glad to hear Insurance took care of you. I hope Honda addresses this for you, in a positive way.

The stick it to the little man so often that it would be nice to see them do something nice for a change.
§

·
Registered
539 Posts
To the OP: So glad that you and yours are safe and you have been made whole, financially speaking.

Can you elaborate on what happened in more detail? Did you hear/see/smell anything before you realized that it was on fire? From the video, it appears that the fire started somewhere in the midsection of the vehicle and moved outward from there (looks like you left the sliding door and driver's door open on the left side, I'm assuming you were in a rush to get away from the vehicle at that point).

Also, it appears that there is something down on the ground underneath the van and this is visible at the very beginning of the video - possibly a disconnected/broken exhaust pipe?

Thanks in advance!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts