Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys I know this has been discussed so many times but this is strange....

I have a 2010 Touring..

I filled her up the trip said I can do 700km.. I drove from Ottawa to Toronto about 440 km and filled up.. it took 43litres of gas..

then I drove around Toronto and then back home on the same tank... I drove 560 km (120 city 440 Hwy) and the car now telling me it can do 60 km more..

So i decided to fill her up... I could only get 61 Litres of gas in... it now says i can do 710 km on the trip...

I have been advised by the dealer its a 80litre tank... or s it a 60l???

·
Registered
755 Posts
Hmm well idk bout liters but mine stops at around 18 gallons all the time when it's flat empty. But if I top it, it takes about 22 to 23 gallons.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I will go on another trip this weekend... wont fill up till the light comes on this time....

·
Registered
346 Posts
The manual tells the capacity.

Don't top off like that with click, clicking, you over fill and raw gas may easily enter the evap canister and cause an emissions trouble CEL plus maybe ruin something.

Don't run too close to E too often, you're more likely to clog the filter with muck that builds up or collects in the tank over time and to suck water, if there's some there. Your van is still new, I realize. In winter the water issue can be more relevant, too, but a low tank produces more condensate if you live in a climate with hot days and cold nights, too.

·
Registered
469 Posts
richysh said:
Hmm well idk bout liters but mine stops at around 18 gallons all the time when it's flat empty. But if I top it, it takes about 22 to 23 gallons.

Wait a minute I thought the ODY's had a 21 gallon capacity...where the heck is the other 2 gallons going to?

·
Registered
755 Posts
To the neck of the tank :D

It's obviously not going anywhere else since when I top off and drive til the light comes on, I go a little bit over 500miles on a tank.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
It is an 80 litre tank iirc. To OP, it is not broken in yet, be patient. Our 05 took approx. 20K till it got much better mpg. We drove Kamloops to Edmonton without filling in 2006. That was 900km. If I recall, it worked out to 35+ mpg (Canadian, before all our Yank friends chime in screaming BS :D )

·
Registered
369 Posts
The Ody tank is 21 gallons which is almost 80 liters.

There's no way anyone is getting more than 21 gallons per fill up. One would have to run the tank BONE dry and then fill to the point of gas spewing out.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
RinconVTR said:
The Ody tank is 21 gallons which is almost 80 liters.

There's no way anyone is getting more than 21 gallons per fill up. One would have to run the tank BONE dry and then fill to the point of gas spewing out.
I would chalk it up to unscrupulous stations with pumps that register more than being pumped. :mad:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts