Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2010 EX-L 225,000 2010 Touring 88,000
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this 2010 Touring six months ago. Can't find in the instruction manual for the navigation a way to make the nav display show ETA, it shows miles to go and time in minutes to destination, but I'm used to seeing time of arrival in all the Garmin units I have. Am I out of luck?

·
Registered
1,224 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have you noticed the sticky section Where do I get my van's Owner's Manual? In there you will find this link for your 2010: http://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/pubs/OM/HH1010/HH1010NV.pdf
As for your main question, I don't know. I'll leave that for you to read and discover. :) None of my Ody's have factory nav.
I have the hard copy of the instruction manual, but as I said "Can't find in the instruction manual for the navigation a way to make the nav display show ETA ". I've read it front to back.

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
Is there a way to get real-time traffic into this Odyssey?
Nope, it's one of the reasons that the early NAV systems (all makes) sucked. The rest of the industry was pushing out improved versions every few months and adding features people wanted, but the architecture for the OEM systems were very locked in and the only thing that could really be updated is the POI and maps. Newer cars with ApplePlay and AndroidAuto are so much better because they can mirror what another source is displaying.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nope, it's one of the reasons that the early NAV systems (all makes) sucked. The rest of the industry was pushing out improved versions every few months and adding features people wanted, but the architecture for the OEM systems were very locked in and the only thing that could really be updated is the POI and maps. Newer cars with ApplePlay and AndroidAuto are so much better because they can mirror what another source is displaying.
Thank you for your reply. It just seemed to me if the nav can display time to distance, it could give time of arrival. But what do I know.

·
Registered
13,122 Posts
Thank you for your reply. It just seemed to me if the nav can display time to distance, it could give time of arrival. But what do I know.
It could...it just doesn't.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts