Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just wanted to check if anyone has done the OEM DIY ATF Cooler Install since I'm thinking about putting one in. I've tries a search but can't find current gen.

If so, just had a few questions:

1 - How difficult was it, any tips?
2 - Does it include the power steering cooling as well?
3 - Any other cooling modifications anyone has done?

Also.. anyone change out the radiator fans for higher CFM? Going to be hauling stuff up and down the LA Grapevine so I'd like for my transmission to last longer. ;)

Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
45 Posts
i have the dealer installed for $140, got the parts online.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Help!

I want to find a good ATF cooler for towing
afterreading some experienced comments here, I am thinking the only choice is to buy the Honda ATF-Cooler-Kit 06255-RV0-XXX? Any referrals where to buy online?
Any other brands I could consider?

Btw: really nice job on the hitch!

i just bought the u-haul Curt hutch round tube and the whole hitch is exposed. Best thing about the uhaul is a $5 lifetine hitch warrnaty. I have had 3 generations of odyssey's and had a new replacement from u-haul on each veh. Same hitch model fits all 3 veh so warranty still applies and carries over!
I really like your version! What brand is that hitch?

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
It was a challenge to get the hoses attached! It was a one handed event for me using a pair of channel lock nail cutters to grip the hose clamps and "wiggle" them back.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
That is the OEM hitch and it goes in fairly easily. The OEM hitch only requires a bit of time and patience to install with a limited set of tools required. I used a floor jack to help support it for the install but could have used a second person to assist and gotten it to work as well. The cooler is recommended to go with the OEM version as well. It's designed specifically for the hoses and connections in the Odyssey and really the proper part to use.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I haven't done it on the '12 yet, but I did an aftermarket ATF cooler in the 03 and never regretted it (still works great, no leaks at 196k miles). etrailer.com has decent ones for under $50. I intend to go aftermarket again relatively soon.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just installed OEM ATF Cooler (Part# 06255-RV0-306) on 2015 EX-L in my garage, without lifting the car.
Most of the steps are relatively easy except steps 61-63 where you need to remove the original hose between ATF Filter and ATF Pipe C then attach new hoses from the cooler.

For step 61, I eventually uses a cutter/knife to cut both ends because it is too difficult to pull the hose out of the pipes.
On steps 62 and 63, the hoses can be easily slide onto the pipes because of the fluid lubricates very well.
But on step 62, it is hard to unlatch the hose clamp. Eventually I managed to release the lock of the clamp by using my left hand holding the back of the pliers (slip joint pliers) while right hand guiding the head of the pliers to bite on the clamp lock. Pictures below are taken from the top.
Ody2015ATFCoolerHoseTopView1.jpg Ody2015ATFCoolerHoseTopView2.jpg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts