Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2011 4.92 Acura/Honda Orange and White Navigation Disc on Sale $99

The 2011 Acura/Honda Navigation update disks are on sale from Oct 18, 2010 to Jan 21, 2011 for $99 (plus shipping and local sale tax) from $185

Here is the link for the 3.A0 Orange 2011 Disk:
www.acuranavi.com/orange99

Here is the link for the 2011 Disk V4.92:
www.acuranavi.com/white99

·
Registered
63 Posts
Do you know if the Acura DVD is the same as the Honda DVD and/or if there are any compatibility issues?

·
Registered
469 Posts
Yes they are compatible, Honda white label navi dvd's are interchangeable with Acura's white label navi dvd's. Tried it between my ODY and TSX works fine!

try... www.hondanavi.com/white99

·
Super Moderator
1,219 Posts
Re: 2011 4.92 Acura/Honda Orange and White Navigation Disc on Sale $99

miketr75 said:
The 2011 Acura/Honda Navigation update disks are on sale from Oct 18, 2010 to Jan 21, 2011 for $99 (plus shipping and local sale tax) from $185

Nice find! I think I'll finally upgrade for that price. Funny how the "Acura" version is on sale vs. the "Honda" version.....usually Acura parts are more expensive than Honda parts....:)

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Re: 2011 4.92 Acura/Honda Orange and White Navigation Disc on Sale $99

EE4Life said:
Nice find! I think I'll finally upgrade for that price. Funny how the "Acura" version is on sale vs. the "Honda" version.....usually Acura parts are more expensive than Honda parts....:)
Glad I could share. Just got the info from my connection at Acura Dealer. I bought 2 of them too.

·
Super Moderator
13,646 Posts
Re: Re: Re: 2011 4.92 Acura/Honda Orange and White Navigation Disc on Sale $99

miketr75 said:
Glad I could share. Just got the info from my connection at Acura Dealer. I bought 2 of them too.
LOL. I had posted this on FatWallet after Hodog16 had posted on here in the other 4.92 upgrade thread. The FW thread (note I did give credit to the original poster of the deal there) is at: http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/topic_view.php?catid=18&threadid=1040194&start=0

Both Honda and Acura disks are on sale by using the /white99 or /orange99 in the URLs. :)

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Super Moderator
13,646 Posts
Yep. My order was shipped the same day (day b 4 yesterday) and is due to be delivered today. Unfortunately, nobody's gonna be home. :(

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
dvpatel said:
Yep. My order was shipped the same day (day b 4 yesterday) and is due to be delivered today. Unfortunately, nobody's gonna be home. :(
FedEx now has the HOLD for pick up option online via tracking info. Just one click you can have them hold the shipment for you to pick up at local FedEx station.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Re: 2011 4.92 Acura/Honda Orange and White Navigation Disc on Sale $99

miketr75 said:

According to the site the disk is not compatible with 2005. Anybody have any experience with this disk in a 2005?

·
Super Moderator
13,646 Posts
miketr75 said:
FedEx now has the HOLD for pick up option online via tracking info. Just one click you can have them hold the shipment for you to pick up at local FedEx station.
Yes. But that is next business day after scheduled delivery. My wife missed 'em by 15 minutes. I will try a pickup tomorrow. It seems their hours tomorrow are 9:00 - 4:00 so I will try my luck.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I checked the site but don't see the northern verision of the Nav disk. Does anyone know if that is only available in Canada to purchase?

Odd that they don't sell both expecially for people that live in the US that is close to the border that want to travel to Canada. The Canadian disk has both Canada and the US maps.

·
Super Moderator
1,219 Posts
Re: Re: 2011 4.92 Acura/Honda Orange and White Navigation Disc on Sale $99

jybeho said:
According to the site the disk is not compatible with 2005. Anybody have any experience with this disk in a 2005?
The 2005 Ody also uses the white label DVD, so it should work.

·
Registered
16 Posts
We have a 2005 Ody and we could really use an upgrade to the maps. I think the version that's loaded now is the original one. If I buy this disk, would it work? I don't need to have done any incremental upgrades, right?

I'm thinking about buying this as a surprise for my husband. Our anniversary is coming up, and this is just the sort of romantic gesture he'd appreciate. :D

·
Registered
81 Posts
readsomething said:
We have a 2005 Ody and we could really use an upgrade to the maps. I think the version that's loaded now is the original one. If I buy this disk, would it work? I don't need to have done any incremental upgrades, right?

I'm thinking about buying this as a surprise for my husband. Our anniversary is coming up, and this is just the sort of romantic gesture he'd appreciate. :D
The $99 4.92 map only DVD will not work on a 2005 if you are still using the version that came from the factory. 2005s need a firmware update which is on a separate dvd. The firmware update DVD and map DVD are sold as a set for 2005 for ~$185 and is not part of the $99 sale.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks! I checked the disk in the car (I pretended to be looking for something in the glove compartment) and it's v4.64. Is that the factory original edition?

I'd really be interested in doing this if I could figure out the right version to get!

ETA: OK, I did a little research, and it appears that the version I have (4.64) is the 2008 update. Since the 2008 update, there has been one more update (4.73a).

So I'm still trying to find out whether the upgrade DVD that's on sale for $99 is compatible with an Ody that is missing only that v4.73a upgrade.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
readsomething said:
Thanks! I checked the disk in the car (I pretended to be looking for something in the glove compartment) and it's v4.64. Is that the factory original edition?

I'd really be interested in doing this if I could figure out the right version to get!

ETA: OK, I did a little research, and it appears that the version I have (4.64) is the 2008 update. Since the 2008 update, there has been one more update (4.73a).

So I'm still trying to find out whether the upgrade DVD that's on sale for $99 is compatible with an Ody that is missing only that v4.73a upgrade.
4.64 is the late 2009 Version. So I think your van is ready for 4.92 update without any issues.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I got my disc and I'm not sure if anything is different for me other than the new version number. I wish they had modernized the interface a bit or added extra stuff to it like traffic. Can this thing even do that?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts