Honda Odyssey Forum banner

2011 (4th Gen) Acceptance Checklist

94K views 38 replies 33 participants last post by  2011.2017.odyssey 
#1 ·
I took a shot at updating the Acceptance Checklist (originally by alexmish) for 2011 (possibly 2012 models). Where possible I highlighted model differences.
- merged with some items from: Printable Checklist
- added 2011 TSBs as of 10/15/2011 and
- added relevant items from the PDI.

The current (v1.0) is below in multiple formats:

Please post any changes below, or PM me and feel free to edit the EXCEL version with tracking changes on.

#2 ·
Notes on TSB & PDI (Canada)

Experience calling Honda Customer Relations may vary if you're in US or Canada.

For those "lucky" Canadians picking up their new Ody, there's no way of knowing if there are any TSB's (Technical Service Bulletins) issued for Canadian dealers. This is "proprietary" information and isn't shared with the public.

The color of the HONDA logo on the top left of the bulletin indicates if TSB is US (blue) or Canadian (red).

You can all in with a VIN to ask for recall information. As of 10/16/2011 there is only 1 recall on the Windshield Wipers Rotors (?) issue that affects some VINs.

#9 ·
I have one to add to your checklist as it just happened to me. If you have a Touring Elite with the widescreen, dual source RES, check that you have the correct headphones. The dual source RES should be 2-channel headphones with a switch to change channels. I believe with a product number ending in A02. The single RES should be just single channel with no switch and product number ending in A00 or A01.

I picked up my Odyssey last week and when checking out the system last night I noticed I had the wrong headphones.

#11 ·
Its in the announcements. Replace the www.urvi.net with www.urvi.net in the URLs. Waiting on site owners to mass update the uRLs as there are too many URLs to update by hand.

#12 ·
Just picked up a new '14 Elite today.

2 things I've learned:

1: if you've had previous Hondas with Navi, it will surprise you that there is no radio or navi code anymore. The dealer said now the radios only work with a specific VIN. I'm not sure if this is all '14 or just ones with navi.

2: on vehicles with smart entry, there is no valet key, so don't look for one when you take delivery.

#16 ·
I saw on a youtube video somewhere that your valet key is the smart entry FOB with the actual physical key(the one stuck in the fob) taken away. At least that was the case for the Honda Accord.

#18 ·
Hi,

I'm new to the forum and new to the whole new car buying experience; my 2014 touring will be my first new car ever! This list is really cool --- thanks for putting the work into it --- but I do have some questions about how to use it. In particular, how should one handle problems? If there's a scratch in a light, for example, should one refuse to take possession? How obstinate --- or not! --- should one be?

Again, I'm new to this, so I appeal to the "experts"; any tips?

Thanks!

#19 ·
This is a great list. My only issue is not knowing exactly what I'm looking for in certain situations. Can anyone help clarify the following items:

-Validate TPMS sensors were activated (do I just ask the dealer? or is there something for me to check?)

Rear:
-Check body plugs are installed (what are body plugs?)

Front Row:
-VSA enable/disable (what is this and how do I check?)

Additional:
-Car stereo security code (what use does this have and do I just need it or do I have to check something?)
-Key replacement codes (do I just request these? what purpose does it serve?)

#20 ·
Hi,

I agree, this is a great resource. Unfortunately some of the links are broken from the original post and it looks like nobody has responded to some of the more recent questions.

Is there anyone out there who can re-post some of the initial links?

Also, I'm picking up my 14 shortly. Is there anyone who can give any additional advice on what to look out for if those links can't be repaired.

Thanks!

#22 ·
#23 ·
Just picked up a 2014 Touring Elite and can't quite find what I'm looking for, which is... What should we received with the van? What I mean is that we were missing the manuals, all of them. :( We didn't realize it until after we signed and were supposed to get all the keys, manuals, etc.

So what we did get is as follows: Two keys (#1 & #2), two wireless headphones and the service history book.

I thought I was supposed to get the manuals, valet key and Navi / radio codes as well, but from reading the forum is seems I might not be getting a valet key or navi / radio codes since they aren't provided / used anymore.(?). But it seems I should be getting at least the Owners Manual, Navi manual & quick start guide. So is there anything else I should be getting?

And yes the dealer apologized and told us he would order them for us but warned it could take a bit. I was ok with this at first but after a day with the car I'm getting quite frustrated not having these. Reading on my computer and then going to the car is a pain if I need to reference something and reading them on a smartphone is difficult.

Planning on emailing the dealer soon so please let me know if I'm missing anything else? Thx

#24 · (Edited)
Just picked up a 2014 Touring Elite and can't quite find what I'm looking for, which is... What should we received with the van? What I mean is that we were missing the manuals, all of them. :( We didn't realize it until after we signed and were supposed to get all the keys, manuals, etc.

So what we did get is as follows: Two keys (#1 & #2), two wireless headphones and the service history book.

I thought I was supposed to get the manuals, valet key and Navi / radio codes as well, but from reading the forum is seems I might not be getting a valet key or navi / radio codes since they aren't provided / used anymore.(?). But it seems I should be getting at least the Owners Manual, Navi manual & quick start guide. So is there anything else I should be getting?

And yes the dealer apologized and told us he would order them for us but warned it could take a bit. I was ok with this at first but after a day with the car I'm getting quite frustrated not having these. Reading on my computer and then going to the car is a pain if I need to reference something and reading them on a smartphone is difficult.

Planning on emailing the dealer soon so please let me know if I'm missing anything else? Thx
All I got in my 2015 is a quick start guide (Owners guide) and a CD with the exact same owners manuals found here on this fourm. So you are not missing much... just download the .pdf manuals here and you will have all the infomation.

http://www.odyclub.com/forums/54-2011-odyssey/147736-where-do-i-get-my-van-s-owner-s-manual.html

Put them on your smartphone and you will have what you need.

#25 · (Edited)
It's regrettable, that after the work done to create the checklist by the OP nikg, all the links have all been broken over time. To revive the usefulness of both that effort and this sticky thread, I have found a version of the checklist and have put the pages into printable graphics. (I first put them into a PDF but the size exceeded the limits of the forum.)

Enjoy!

Click to open full size then right click to save.

Attachments

#26 ·
I can't believe this checklist is still out there and alive... It has been almost 11 years since I've created it!

Thank you guys!

#27 ·
Is the checklist available still? Can't access the links on page one.

#30 ·
Thanks everyone. This thread is timeless. We are going to move from a 3rd to a 4th gen Ody. This will help in evaluating our options.

#32 ·
I took a shot at updating the Acceptance Checklist (originally by alexmish) for 2011 (possibly 2012 models). Where possible I highlighted model differences.
  • merged with some items from: Printable Checklist
  • added 2011 TSBs as of 10/15/2011 and
  • added relevant items from the PDI.

The current (v1.0) is below in multiple formats:

Please post any changes below, or PM me and feel free to edit the EXCEL version with tracking changes on.
None of these links work for me. Hmmmm. Can you send it to me via email? tx - qvminich@shaw.ca

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.