Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took a shot at updating the Acceptance Checklist (originally by alexmish) for 2011 (possibly 2012 models). Where possible I highlighted model differences.
- merged with some items from: Printable Checklist
- added 2011 TSBs as of 10/15/2011 and
- added relevant items from the PDI.

The current (v1.0) is below in multiple formats:

Please post any changes below, or PM me and feel free to edit the EXCEL version with tracking changes on.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Notes on TSB & PDI (Canada)

Experience calling Honda Customer Relations may vary if you're in US or Canada.

For those "lucky" Canadians picking up their new Ody, there's no way of knowing if there are any TSB's (Technical Service Bulletins) issued for Canadian dealers. This is "proprietary" information and isn't shared with the public.

The color of the HONDA logo on the top left of the bulletin indicates if TSB is US (blue) or Canadian (red).

You can all in with a VIN to ask for recall information. As of 10/16/2011 there is only 1 recall on the Windshield Wipers Rotors (?) issue that affects some VINs.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thank you ... This is very helpful!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have one to add to your checklist as it just happened to me. If you have a Touring Elite with the widescreen, dual source RES, check that you have the correct headphones. The dual source RES should be 2-channel headphones with a switch to change channels. I believe with a product number ending in A02. The single RES should be just single channel with no switch and product number ending in A00 or A01.

I picked up my Odyssey last week and when checking out the system last night I noticed I had the wrong headphones.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Great list! Is there an updated hosting site for the TSB's? I get "Your requested host "www.urvi.net" could not be resolved by DNS"

·
Super Moderator
13,473 Posts
Great list! Is there an updated hosting site for the TSB's? I get "Your requested host "www.urvi.net" could not be resolved by DNS"
Its in the announcements. Replace the www.urvi.net with www.urvi.net in the URLs. Waiting on site owners to mass update the uRLs as there are too many URLs to update by hand.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Just picked up a new '14 Elite today.

2 things I've learned:

1: if you've had previous Hondas with Navi, it will surprise you that there is no radio or navi code anymore. The dealer said now the radios only work with a specific VIN. I'm not sure if this is all '14 or just ones with navi.

2: on vehicles with smart entry, there is no valet key, so don't look for one when you take delivery.

·
Registered
141 Posts
1: if you've had previous Hondas with Navi, it will surprise you that there is no radio or navi code anymore. The dealer said now the radios only work with a specific VIN. I'm not sure if this is all '14 or just ones with navi.
There is no radio code needed for the 2013s either.

·
Registered
4 Posts
2014 EX-L with Navigation Checklist

Even though this checklist is from 10/15/2011, would it still be useful for a 2014 EX-L with Navigation? Going in the morning to pick one up and want to make sure I am getting everything I am paying for.
Thanks,
Mark

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mostly, with the exceptions I noted above: no navi/radio codes and no valet key for keyless entry.
I saw on a youtube video somewhere that your valet key is the smart entry FOB with the actual physical key(the one stuck in the fob) taken away. At least that was the case for the Honda Accord.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I saw on a youtube video somewhere that your valet key is the smart entry FOB with the actual physical key(the one stuck in the fob) taken away. At least that was the case for the Honda Accord.
Yup, this works but then the valet will have nothing to hook the key fob to. Interesting.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I'm new to the forum and new to the whole new car buying experience; my 2014 touring will be my first new car ever! This list is really cool --- thanks for putting the work into it --- but I do have some questions about how to use it. In particular, how should one handle problems? If there's a scratch in a light, for example, should one refuse to take possession? How obstinate --- or not! --- should one be?

Again, I'm new to this, so I appeal to the "experts"; any tips?

Thanks!

·
Registered
36 Posts
This is a great list. My only issue is not knowing exactly what I'm looking for in certain situations. Can anyone help clarify the following items:

-Validate TPMS sensors were activated (do I just ask the dealer? or is there something for me to check?)

Rear:
-Check body plugs are installed (what are body plugs?)

Front Row:
-VSA enable/disable (what is this and how do I check?)

Additional:
-Car stereo security code (what use does this have and do I just need it or do I have to check something?)
-Key replacement codes (do I just request these? what purpose does it serve?)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

I agree, this is a great resource. Unfortunately some of the links are broken from the original post and it looks like nobody has responded to some of the more recent questions.

Is there anyone out there who can re-post some of the initial links?

Also, I'm picking up my 14 shortly. Is there anyone who can give any additional advice on what to look out for if those links can't be repaired.

Thanks!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
About this Discussion
29 Replies
27 Participants
Greginfla
Honda Odyssey Forum
Odyclub community is the #1 forum to discuss all things Honda Odyssey: minivans, safety, service maintenance, mods, and more.
Full Forum Listing