Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I probably will not do this unless it does not cost much, but when prices comes down and we get a 2011 EX, I would really like to have the mirrors with turn signal indicators like on the Touring. Does anyone have any idea what will be involved in making that switch and whether is will be too complicated? I have not yet found a parts list for the 2011s or I might have a better idea. Thanks. Tom

·
Registered
506 Posts
My guess is that will be quite "spendy" to just get some blinkers in your mirrors.

Cheers.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I finally found the parts for the Elite. Below is the link. Maybe I am optimistic, but maybe it would only need about $110 for each side in parts, if it just takes the

001 34300-TK8-305 View LIGHT UNIT, R. SIDE TURN (COO) 52.62

001 34300-TK8-A01 View LIGHT ASSY., R. SIDE TURN 28.13

007 76206-TK8-A32 View HARNESS SET, R. (R.C.)(SIDE TURN)(HEATED) 25.84

The entire mirror assemblies look like they are only about $220 for each side, so maybe it would work with just these three parts.

http://www.bernardiparts.com/SearchOptions.aspx

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay, so no one seems interested in replacing the mirrors to add turn signals. Well...have you noticed (see picture) how the EX has a flat black panel around the console, and the EX-L and above have a much nicer panel? From what I can tell, you can replace the flat black one with the fancier one for about $45, if all of the clips are in the same place. I only want an EX, but I prefer the glossier dash, so I may go this route. Just a suggestion here for those not interested in paying $3,500 more for an EX-L.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,077 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Correction - Upon further review, I do now see differences in the dashes of the EX and EX-L that probably prohibit switching the EX dash for the glossier EX-L dash. Didn't want to lead anyone down the wrong path. But, I still want the blinkers in my mirrors. Thanks. Tom

·
Registered
16 Posts
@tom34diy....I am on your side...I get the EX only and I am willing to pay $5000 more for a turn-signal mirror but I will pay for $100 . I use to have a 2001 Ody EX-nav but I add a Signal-mirror from Murth. They don't make it for 2011 .

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am actually working on this now. I have a set of mirror from a 2011 touring and am trying to figure out how to modify the wiring harness on my 2011 ex. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know. For now i am thinking about trying to replace the door wiring harness with one from the touring.

·
Registered
6,077 Posts
So how are these powered / connected?
Sorry, late replying.
They just tap into the front signal wire and a ground. The most time-consuming part is snaking the wires from mirror to the inside dash.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts