Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Cupholder tray in the center stack of my 2011 EX has jammed and won't open. One dealer tried, but could not free it up. I think that the cupholder is somehow misaligned and is jammed against the front of the stack. Is anyone aware of this problem or the fix?

·
Registered
37 Posts
The Cupholder tray in the center stack of my 2011 EX has jammed and won't open. One dealer tried, but could not free it up. I think that the cupholder is somehow misaligned and is jammed against the front of the stack. Is anyone aware of this problem or the fix?
Happened to me once, found out that something was lodged inside. I was able to remove it and no problem for now. :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Chingchel. After reading your reply, I tried probing through the hole on the driver's side of the drawer, and after a few minutes of fiddling, it opened! I'm not overly impressed with this feature. I find that items in the drawer end up sitting at the cup location and need to be moved to use the cupholder.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the exact same problem. I put my gargage door opener in the utility tray and closed it and now it will not open. I think the garage door operers metal hinge is stuck in the cup holder. I tried for an hour to move it through the small hole on the driver's side but no luck. Any easy way to get the utility tray out without breaking it? Stupid design.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Thanks Chingchel. After reading your reply, I tried probing through the hole on the driver's side of the drawer, and after a few minutes of fiddling, it opened! I'm not overly impressed with this feature. I find that items in the drawer end up sitting at the cup location and need to be moved to use the cupholder.
I cut a piece of that grippy kind of shelf liner (I am not sure what it is called but like a lot of rubbery foam squares stuck together) to put in there so stuff stays where I put it (mostly my cell phone)

Should keep the cup holder area clear?

I have never put a cup in mine yet, though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts