Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how I can shut off the daytime running lights?

I've looked through the manual a couple of times and can only find one page on the daytime lights with no help.

Sometimes if I'm waiting for someone and having the car running, I want to be able to sit in the door with no lights on. Or, if I'm warming up the car, I don't want to be "rushed" out of my space if someone is waiting already since they see the light on. :tongue:

·
Registered
627 Posts
Anyone know how I can shut off the daytime running lights?

I've looked through the manual a couple of times and can only find one page on the daytime lights with no help.

Sometimes if I'm waiting for someone and having the car running, I want to be able to sit in the door with no lights on. Or, if I'm warming up the car, I don't want to be "rushed" out of my space if someone is waiting already since they see the light on. :tongue:
There is no easy way to disable the DRLs without causing a warning light or a bigger warning if you have the MID. You get the warning light whether you pull the fuse or pull the bulbs so you are stuck, unless you are willing to put up with that.

As for warming up your car or sitting in it with the car running, I believe if you have your parking brake set when you start your car, the DRLs won't come on until after you release the parking brake. Note that after you release the brake, you cannot set it again to turn off the DRLs until you shut off the van and restart it with the brake set.

Hope that helps...

·
Registered
400 Posts
There is no easy way to disable the DRLs without causing a warning light or a bigger warning if you have the MID. You get the warning light whether you pull the fuse or pull the bulbs so you are stuck, unless you are willing to put up with that.

As for warming up your car or sitting in it with the car running, I believe if you have your parking brake set when you start your car, the DRLs won't come on until after you release the parking brake. Note that after you release the brake, you cannot set it again to turn off the DRLs until you shut off the van and restart it with the brake set.

Hope that helps...

just pull-out the fuse.. (I have no issues after that--well that was for my CR-v):p

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If I pull out the fuse....will I get the constant message on the display saying that something is wrong?

·
Registered
61 Posts
if you pull out the fuse, won't you also disable the high beams since they are the same bulb?

·
Registered
627 Posts
If I pull out the fuse....will I get the constant message on the display saying that something is wrong?
Did you read my earlier post? YES, you will get a warning message saying the DRL is not working. That's the problem with pulling the fuse or the bulb.

To answer someone else's question, NO, this will not affect your high beams even though they are using the same bulbs. It's a different circuit that powers the high beams.

·
Banned
728 Posts
Move to Canada where DRLs are the law. We don't think about turning them off here. As for the guy waiting for your spot, he'll move on after some time.

·
Registered
400 Posts
if you pull out the fuse, won't you also disable the high beams since they are the same bulb?

NO. we are talking about FUSE. if the OP take out the FUSE for DRL it would just disable the DRL.. HIGH beam has different fuse..

·
Registered
400 Posts
Did you read my earlier post? YES, you will get a warning message saying the DRL is not working. That's the problem with pulling the fuse or the bulb.

To answer someone else's question, NO, this will not affect your high beams even though they are using the same bulbs. It's a different circuit that powers the high beams.

I don't get this. As I see it-- DRL won't simply light up because IT HAS NO FUSE... it's NOT broken..

did you actually tried this yourself (what's the location for the DRL fuse?)OR you just read it from somewhere?

Lets wait for the OP what happens

·
Registered
11 Posts
Pulled my fuse on the driver side fuse panel, no problems what so ever. :)

·
Registered
427 Posts

No you won't get a message if you pull the fuse. No problems at all, no errors on my 2011 touring.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I like DRL to be always on, quite the opposite of the OP. Now, my question is, do your instrument panel cluster lights show the DRL as "ON". I looked at the Honda Technology Reference Guide and saw that there is a pilot lamp for DRL. Mine is not lighted although DRL is on since we got the car. Is my instrument panel light for DRL busted?

·
Registered
427 Posts
Huh??? You don't get a warning message on your MID when you pull the DRL fuse?? I do on mine!
No warning message at all on my Touring Elite when I pull the DRL fuse. Nothing else is effected. Honda should have given us a switch like some other mfg do for DRL. Oh well, easy fix for me.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I would like to wire a switch in to the DRL circuit. We we do astronomy events, we're supposed to arrive with all lights off, for the last bit as we drive on to the field. Is it possible to add a switch from the fuse block?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thanks for the information, I HATE DRL's! They are of no use to me at my latitude, especially with auto lights now. What's funny to me is that the Government has done studies about the effects of DRL and has proven there is no safety benefit for cars in the United States (Canada is different because of the angles of the sun), that's why it is not law here. But GM continues to push their DRL's as added "safety equipment", they should just call them MPG reducers, and other manufactures NEED to follow to show consumers that they are just as "safe" as GM vehicles.

OK rant done:D

·
Registered
122 Posts
Not bad way to get ....unnoticed.

You might want to think about sharp up your reflexes when someone don't see you.

What? Oh yes. I see big difference with / without DRL on street.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts