Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In Honda's website and brochure, they are making a lot of noise about the FM traffic which comes with the Navigation. Honda has been long overdue adding this feature, but the descriptions are a bit vague. What I want to know is does the navigation system take the traffic info and use it to reroute the trip, as my Garmin unit and my wife's BMW do, or does it simply post traffic info on the screen?

There should be a setting somewhere to enable/disable traffic rerouting.

Can any 2011 owners tell from experience or maybe from the manual?

Also, are there any Map view options (Track Up, North Up, 3D, etc)?

Any other comments/opinions about the new Nav system would be great.

Thanks,
Bob

·
Registered
85 Posts
Just got ours yesterday.
The FM traffic does re-route, but we haven't had the experience with it yet. Driving downtown Chicago this week so I should have some good feedback after that.

You can change the navi between North-up and Direction-up- I think I am understanding you correctly. Our '06 Touring is the same way, though.
I am pretty sure there is no 3D but we haven't had much chance to play around with the settings. I do love how responsive the entire system is, it is a HUGE improvement over the former system. I also thought going from non-touchscreen to a joystick would be awkward but it is already so much faster and easier. The voice commands don't miss a beat either.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
gr2659,

Thanks so much for the reply. Yes, you understood me 100% corectly. I didn't think there was a 3D view, but thought I'd ask anyway.

I would be very interested in knowing how you make out using the traffic redirection. Also, it looks like there is a lane guidance popup. I'd love to know how well that works and if it's helpful.

Thanks,
Bob

·
Registered
85 Posts
bobf58 said:
gr2659,

Thanks so much for the reply. Yes, you understood me 100% corectly. I didn't think there was a 3D view, but thought I'd ask anyway.

I would be very interested in knowing how you make out using the traffic redirection. Also, it looks like there is a lane guidance popup. I'd love to know how well that works and if it's helpful.

Thanks,
Bob
Bob,
I just started a blog comparing my '06 to my '11. I am planning on adding photos and videos of both, to help others who are considering a purchase.

I will try to get videos this week of the '11 navi in action and re-routing me around some traffic. Maybe my husband can rig up some tripod so it can film while I'm driving. :)

Here's the blog- http://odylove.blogspot.com/

·
Registered
85 Posts
Believe it or not I have yet to drive through anything that changed my route due to traffic. I am pretty sure that the system does this behind the scenes, meaning it doesn't notify you if a route changes or prompt you to accept a change. I am still watching for it, but it hasn't happened yet. One of the dealers we had reserved the '11 through had explained it to me as re-routing, but I have not experienced it yet.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I just called American Honda and was told that The 2011 Odyssey with FM Traffic displays traffic, but it does NOT reroute around traffic. :mad:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts