Honda Odyssey Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
its too bad they missed the paint recall, considering how well the previous owner kept on top of the other issues.

the roof is out of sight...

·
Registered
2007 Odyssey EX-L
1,089 Posts
I've got the peeling paint on my blue Gen 3 also. It's most common on white ones, though. Almost always on the roof between the windshield and sunroof.

·
Registered
2016 Touring Elite
1,233 Posts
Last maintenance record lists transmission flush 25k miles ago. Should I do a 1x moving forward next oil change and then every 10k? Or do a 3x and then 1x everywhere 10k?
That will be highly dependent on your driving conditions/style, etc. More city or stop+go commuting will need more fluid maintenance. Most on here will do every other oil change (so, every 10k-15k) for a single drain and fill once the fluid is in good condition (may take a 3x drain/fill to get to that point).

-Charlie

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Well. Just picked up the van.

I guess as much as I could check it I overlooked something.. get home turn the van off and get a low batt indicator see manual. Ugh 😩 seriously......

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
I'll try and ask about it. But used is used right.. think it could just be the battery? Im reading the manual right now and might be actually low. They did their pre delivery stuff and had the car accessory on the entire time. Had to get them to check all the electrical and the RES. I'm not holding my breathe but come on.... Lol

·
Registered
2007 Odyssey EX-L
1,089 Posts
Wouldn't surprise me if the car was sitting on their lot for a few weeks, or months.

·
Registered
2007 Odyssey EX-L
1,089 Posts
Almost 3 months. So do a long trip you think?
If you have a battery charger, use that. Alternators aren't really designed for charging a completely discharged battery. If you don't have a battery charger, I guess you could take a long trip and have the alternator do the charging for you... I've done it a few times, but it puts a lot of stress on the alternator.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
any battery that has been discharged for a long period of time will be toast, and its service life reduced significantly.

get them to change it, or you will be changing it shortly out of your own pocket.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts